Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sc4fpse
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Did you get a warning from the CSR about software issues?

Hey everyone....

Got my Nexus today (no news there)... but I was curious. When I and several others were buying the phones, (from a Verizon Corp. store), the Customer Service Reps repeatedly warned buyers that this was a "new operating system", there were several "software bugs" (although they wouldn't say exactly what they were), and to expect "several updates" over the next few days.

They would say this as soon as a person would say, "I'm interested in the Nexus".

They went on to add that the phone couldn't be returned for a software issue without paying the restock fee.

The lady waiting on me also said the first update would make my phone "unusable" for about 1/2 hour. (It actually took 6 min., came while I was still in the store.)

I found this kinda interesting, and just wondered if others got the same "lecture".

BTW, didn't hear anyone say "Nevermind" after hearing this.

p.s. I got my phone this a.m. and was told they had plenty in stock... I stopped by this afternoon and they had sold out.

Default Re: Did you get a warning from the CSR about software issues?

didn't get that lecture. my phone got the update as the guy was still ringing me up. phone came back online and is working flawlessly atm.

i just need to figure out how to get the notification LED to show up for new emails, voicemails, text msgs, etc ...

The only thing they told me was that it should be receiving a system update soon since it had some software issues

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

No such software issues mentioned to me. Although the rep that sold me my phone did irritate me a bit. I called over to the store on the other side of town rather than the one nearby, as the one nearby hires only total arseholes... and that's putting it nicely. I refused to give them my business. Anyways, called the store across town. Nobody answers the first time, so I figure they're busy at lunch. Guy answers when I call again a few minutes later. "Good after, this is ____ at [location] Verizon Wireless, now featuring the iPhone 4S."

Really? Nexus launch day and you feature that crap? Wrong phone, dude. Ugh. >_<

I think I taught him a thing or two about the phone (and the RAZR, and the Rezound, and then Thunderbolt...) while he was ringing me up. Luckily he listened to my request to leave the plastic on the screen, so I didn't have to enjoy a new device with his fingerprints all over it.
    jhtheking likes this.
    kds

ROM
    Stock

Yes, the CSR I talked to last night didn't want me to get a Nexus.

I originally called in because they placed a hold on my account since I recently changed my plan... so I wouldn't have been able to upgrade my device online. She asked what phone I was interested in. I said the Nexus. She asked why. I gave her the whole list why.

And then she said "Just so you know, all phones will eventually get the software upgrade (lie), and we have many other excellent phones by HTC and Motorola (read: their DROID lineup), and also, the battery life on the Nexus is pretty bad. It's actually the worst phone we have in terms of battery life. Just something to keep in mind."

And at that point I realized that VZW hates this phone so bad that they're going to sabotage their own sales, it made me want it even more.

No mention here, although I did get a software update about 5 minutes after activating the phone. I am sure we will see some more updates within the next week or so. For one, testers already have 4.1 and it seems to clear up most of the bugs people seem to be having with signal and that.

I think verizon just hates this phone and the reps get more commission off of the droid phones.

When I got mine there was a guy that was getting his before me, and two guys came in getting theirs after me. Kinda impressive for the location.

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts

No mention to me. Then again I didnt even get a simple thank you from the rep.

Only thing I got was a "you will receive a update soon" speech. Oh, and my rep was playing with the ICS tutorial before he gave it to me. I asked him what he was doing, He said "Finishing up activation and setting up a few apps." I didn't care he was really cool about it and loved the phone, he wanted me to tell him more about it.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

The store rep didnt mention anything about software bugs...but was extremely pushy about trying to sell me an extended battery and kept saying battery life is horrible without the extended battery.

When I worked for Verizon, the only times we would tell people not to get a phone is if it netted us a terrible profit.

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge 4G-LTE