Silly question: how do I get to the bookmarks in ICS browser?

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
In earlier Android versions, they were right in the menu list, but I don't see them there at all. I added the bookmarks widget, and now I need to go through it and delete most of the default ones.

I am sure it is a very obvious answer, but I am not seeing it.

thebrain73

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
While in the browser make your way to settings and press the Labs tab, in there is a setting for quick controls. Turning on quick controls enables you to bring up some cool browser options by touching the edge of the screen (windows, explorer bar, and menu).

Reactions: Vance14

jakeh0

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Press and hold the back button when you're in the browser. Bookmarks is one of the tabs that comes up

is there a way to get this to default to bookmarks and not history? seems like a strange omission to make it so inaccessible. i was used to using launcher pro and swiping up on my app dock to show all bookmarks.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
thebrain, that is a great tip, thanks! And I will use that for sure. I do wish getting to bookmarks was one level higher though. But, since I have the bookmarks widget, that will probably do the trick for me.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Scroll to the top of the page. To the right of the URL is a folder icon. Tap on the icon and on the next screen there's a flag with a star in it. That's the bookmark icon. tap it to get to the bookmarks.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I didnt know you could press and hold the back button to get to the bookmarks quickly, thats a great tip!

gene1138

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of bookmarks. Aren't your bookmarks supposed to move from android phone to android phone? Nothing came over from my OG Droid.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers