Great Experiance w/ Customer Loyalty Dept at Verizon

Juststef

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
We always complain when things go wrong with Verizon, but it is only fair to share when we have a good experience. There is this customer loyalty rep, Charles from Conn, who was so patient and helpful that I have to give him props.

I did my best to get the $100. Midwest coupon out of him, although I live in NY. He said he couldn't do it because it is automatically generated by area code. What he did do was made sure that I got my early upgrade discount of $30.00 which I was told by store reps and regular customer reps that I was not eligible .

Where I was up-sold with accessories for my GN, he guided me towards $60. worth of savings on what was best for my needs based on my usage. He found the elusive 50% off for the extended battery that wasn't being promoted in NYC and hard to find in the system. Though I didn't get exactly what I wanted, I spent less because of his help. He's also a hard core tech who is amongst in our forums!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I called them a few days ago in preparation of ordering the Nexus since my contract expired in September. I asked about loyalty discounts, 3g to 4g discounts, the battery discount, etc, etc. It was a nice, pleasant chat, but all I heard was "Sorry, we don't do that anymore". In other words, "go pound sand".

I've been with VZ for 2.5 years now and I'm still waiting for this great customer service you all talk about. Every time I've called they've been useless as tits on a hog.

Of course they sold me a Blackberry Storm, so my account is probably flagged from the half dozen calls a week trying to get them to give me a phone that actually worked. Which by the way, had the same answer, "Go pound sand".

Juststef

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I called them a few days ago in preparation of ordering the Nexus since my contract expired in September. I asked about loyalty discounts, 3g to 4g discounts, the battery discount, etc, etc. It was a nice, pleasant chat, but all I heard was "Sorry, we don't do that anymore". In other words, "go pound sand".

I've been with VZ for 2.5 years now and I'm still waiting for this great customer service you all talk about. Every time I've called they've been useless as tits on a hog.

Of course they sold me a Blackberry Storm, so my account is probably flagged from the half dozen calls a week trying to get them to give me a phone that actually worked. Which by the way, had the same answer, "Go pound sand".

It's hit or mist. Like every industry, there are a lot of people, who's only interest is getting through the day to quitting time. These same characters are not the best at customer service.

I told a Verizon sales rep tonight that his energy level was on the border of flat lining. He lost my consumer confidence. I asked for some one else.

kajii

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Verizon store would not give me the $100 3G to 4G promotion, it was noted on the account and I called to confirm the two previous days that I was eligible. Store didn't honor it, whatever.

Bought GN, called CS and they credited me $100. Store Reps fail hard, telephone service is top notch.

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Its all on who you get. some just dont want to do more then they are paid to. which i cant disagree with at all. all i can say is you catch more bees with honey. i dont think i would ask for another rep just because he wasnt as up beat as you, as long as he does what needs to be done i wouldnt hate, he probably had a long day. i dont judge books by there covers.

jimmybigshot

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I too had a great experience with Neil from customer loyalty. My wifes upgrade isn't for 2 1/2 months, February 14 of next year. The first guys says, well, I don't think it will happen but I'll give you to a higher person... in walks Neil. He says, wow, you have been here for 10 years and have been extremely loyal, how can I help you. He walked me through the process, purchased the Nexus for my wife for Christmas, and had a great customer service experience.

Not being an idiot on the phone helps alot in these matters. Thanks VZW.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I gotta say my experience this time was in store, first time in 4 phones. It went perfectly with a really cool sales staff everyone was helpful and nice. He even tried to get me the $100 deal from the midwest after I brought it up. He stayed on the phone insisting I get it for about 10 minutes. He even dug out all the accessories and told me his experience with the phone over the past week. Really helpful dude. Not sure if they make commission at the corp stores but he deserved it. He happened to be the SME on this phone, carried it and the RAZR, lol.

ribtits

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised to hear you got any discount at all from verizon....

I have been with verizon for about 10 years now. We are in a family plan with them that costs about 160$ per month. I am upgrading from an LG Dare and was eligible for an upgrade since this past March, so I was going from a dumbphone to a smartphone.

DESPITE ALL THIS, I did not receive any kind of discount at all. :mad: I called several verizon reps and explained my situation. They looked at my account and said I can't receive any "additional" discounts. When I asked if I got any discount at all, they said "Of course, the phone usually retails for $650 and you will be able to get it for a "discounted" price of $299." That is literally what they said. I was dumbfounded :confused:. It really does not make sense that people are getting a 100$ discount from upgrading from a 3g phone to a 4g phone, while I get nothing for upgrading from a dumbphone to a smartphone. Also, I'm not even getting a customer loyalty discount.

I swear, when I am off this family plan, I am going to immediately ditch verizon. My parents are too stubborn to switch....

With no discount, I jumped straight to the Lets Talk deal. I thought I would be able to get at least some kind of discount with verizon and add it with my livingsocial coupon so I initialy put off the Lets Talk deal. I regret it now because I ordered my phone at 3pm instead of at 12am, so now I have to wait a week or two :( But it beats giving any more of my money to those money hungry people at verizon. :mad:

JayMSY

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to have to try this tomorrow as well. I tried in the store and it was a no go.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I've always got pretty good service via telesales. In store not so much until today and it went great. Most of the time they are pretty good at giving me a discount as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Sent an email to CS on the website and didn't get a response, so I had called *611 and asked about the $100 off. On the third try, the rep said that I would qualify for it and that she would note it in my account. Turns out she only noted that it ran through 12/31 which wasn't enough evidence later on.

Then CS finally responds to my email the next day saying that I don't qualify and they note in my account that I'm ineligible...

So I call back to see if I can use my NE2 on one line combined with the $50 loyalty discount, the guy said yes but fails to make a note of it. Needless to say, I go to the store and can only get $50 off (and to add insult to injury, the Living Social coupon won't stack). Ended up buying it in the store, going home and writing an email to the board of directors. Got a phone call in 3 hours saying that I would be credited the $100.

Ridiculous that it has to go that far, but it really shows the level of inconsistency with sales reps. Call three times, get three different answers. Some want to make a sale no matter what, others just want you off the line...

tl;dr "Customer since 1996" and paying the bill on time is helpful.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital