App to keep screen from locking?

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
On my T-bolt I use "no lock" to keep the screen from locking. It will time out, but pressing the power or volume button bring it back.

On the GN the power button will wake up the phone without having to slide the unlock, but it doesn't wake up with the volume buttons,

Has anyone found an app that will wake up the phone with the volume buttons

Johnbibbs

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I think there is a setting under security in the settings menu. I seem to remember being given the option to delay the phone from locking itself after the screen is off.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Johnbibbs

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like he is wanting to avoid even the swipe to unlock.

In settings there is a lock delay. I just tested it for you.

If your phone times out you can unlock your phone by just using the power button and you won't be presented with a lock screen.

If you manually turn your screen off using the power button then it will immediately lock.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
There's one other option you can set to prevent the screen from turning off (and causing a lock state), but that's only during charging. It's in the Settings-Developer Options screen.

I'm sure there's an app out there that handles screen locking avoidance. Maybe for other phones, but might work for the Nexus...

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
On my T-bolt I use "no lock" to keep the screen from locking. It will time out, but pressing the power or volume button bring it back.

On the GN the power button will wake up the phone without having to slide the unlock, but it doesn't wake up with the volume buttons,

Has anyone found an app that will wake up the phone with the volume buttons

Omg none of you has answered the actual question, and that is, "Is there an app that will wake up the phone with the volume buttons?"

Answer is no, I don't think so. Not yet anyway, and would need to be a root app if there ever is one

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Omg none of you has answered the actual question, and that is, "Is there an app that will wake up the phone with the volume buttons?"

Answer is no, I don't think so. Not yet anyway, and would need to be a root app if there ever is one

I vote for NoLock. it doesn't give volume button functionality, but not having to do anything other than tap the power button to go from black to homescreen is great. I'd hate my bionic without NoLock.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I vote for NoLock. it doesn't give volume button functionality, but not having to do anything other than tap the power button to go from black to homescreen is great. I'd hate my bionic without NoLock.

I used to use NoLock until I rooted and threw CM on my phone. As others have stated above, ICS now allows you to even bypass the slide lock if you want, so no need for NoLock on the GNex. Nice tip though

rblack#CB

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have an exchange account that requires me to use a PIN. I have the lock setting set for 30 minutes however once you touch the power button it locks automatically. Any way around this? I had a droid pro before and if it was under 30 minutes you would just do the slide unlock.

thanks.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I have an exchange account that requires me to use a PIN. I have the lock setting set for 30 minutes however once you touch the power button it locks automatically. Any way around this? I had a droid pro before and if it was under 30 minutes you would just do the slide unlock.

thanks.

No, that's all controlled by your work. Sorry.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae