1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,397 Global Posts

Default App to keep screen from locking?

On my T-bolt I use "no lock" to keep the screen from locking. It will time out, but pressing the power or volume button bring it back.

On the GN the power button will wake up the phone without having to slide the unlock, but it doesn't wake up with the volume buttons,

Has anyone found an app that will wake up the phone with the volume buttons

I think there is a setting under security in the settings menu. I seem to remember being given the option to delay the phone from locking itself after the screen is off.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

ROM
    JellyBeans

Default Re: App to keep screen from locking?

Whoops...never mind
    Sent Via..Raven from Kings Landing
    BB Storm 1 > Samsung Droid Charge > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Samsung Galaxy Note II & LG G Pad 8.3

It sounds like he is wanting to avoid even the swipe to unlock.

In settings there is a lock delay. I just tested it for you.

If your phone times out you can unlock your phone by just using the power button and you won't be presented with a lock screen.

If you manually turn your screen off using the power button then it will immediately lock.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

ROM

There's one other option you can set to prevent the screen from turning off (and causing a lock state), but that's only during charging. It's in the Settings-Developer Options screen.

I'm sure there's an app out there that handles screen locking avoidance. Maybe for other phones, but might work for the Nexus...

Global Posts
    588 Global Posts

Settings>>>>security>>>screen lock>>>choose None

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
    On my T-bolt I use "no lock" to keep the screen from locking. It will time out, but pressing the power or volume button bring it back.

On the GN the power button will wake up the phone without having to slide the unlock, but it doesn't wake up with the volume buttons,

Has anyone found an app that will wake up the phone with the volume buttons
    Omg none of you has answered the actual question, and that is, "Is there an app that will wake up the phone with the volume buttons?"

Answer is no, I don't think so. Not yet anyway, and would need to be a root app if there ever is one
    ghostvzwdev (stock rooted)
    m7wls (stock rooted)
    manta (stock rooted)
    Follow me on Twitter
    Email/GTalk
    Google+

Quote Originally Posted by iBowToAndroid View Post
    Omg none of you has answered the actual question, and that is, "Is there an app that will wake up the phone with the volume buttons?"

Answer is no, I don't think so. Not yet anyway, and would need to be a root app if there ever is one
    I vote for NoLock. it doesn't give volume button functionality, but not having to do anything other than tap the power button to go from black to homescreen is great. I'd hate my bionic without NoLock.

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812dave View Post
    I vote for NoLock. it doesn't give volume button functionality, but not having to do anything other than tap the power button to go from black to homescreen is great. I'd hate my bionic without NoLock.
    I used to use NoLock until I rooted and threw CM on my phone. As others have stated above, ICS now allows you to even bypass the slide lock if you want, so no need for NoLock on the GNex. Nice tip though
    m7wls (stock rooted)
    manta (stock rooted)
    Follow me on Twitter
    Email/GTalk
    Google+

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

I have an exchange account that requires me to use a PIN. I have the lock setting set for 30 minutes however once you touch the power button it locks automatically. Any way around this? I had a droid pro before and if it was under 30 minutes you would just do the slide unlock.

thanks.

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by rblack View Post
    I have an exchange account that requires me to use a PIN. I have the lock setting set for 30 minutes however once you touch the power button it locks automatically. Any way around this? I had a droid pro before and if it was under 30 minutes you would just do the slide unlock.

thanks.
    No, that's all controlled by your work. Sorry.
    m7wls (stock rooted)
    manta (stock rooted)
    Follow me on Twitter
    Email/GTalk
    Google+