LED Notification Light not always working

mikewelch5

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Where in the options is the LED notifications? Should one be on when it is charging? I have seen a few pics with a green light on the bottom of the phone, but I have yet to see anything...

makewayhomer

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I think my LED is broken, I have only seen it on a couple times. it doesn't light up when charging, or when recieving txt or gmail

I can't get it to light up at all? is there a setting Im missing

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My first GN had this problem. The LED light wasn't always going off when It should have but my second one seems to be working great. It could be because the update from yesterday? I don't know, but I haven't noticed the problem anymore.

ab0mbs

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded Light Flow lite as others have mentioned and I got it to work great.
However I realized that it wouldn't turn off after I checked the notification. I changed the notification clear style to when the screen comes on instead of when the applications opens and now it works great.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to set alert colors for different apps? Love the big blinky light but would like to control the colors.

Sent using Tapatalk

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem guys. I've only seen mine glow white once or twice when I got a text message.....I'm sure its just a minor bug that they will fix........until then I'll download that one program people are talking about.

park avenue

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
LED not working here either.

Edit: I installed Light Flow and got the LED to work, but when I uninstall it won't work.

Last edited:

Aberration

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Try disabling and reenabling the pulse notification in settings. I think that may have fixed mine.
This fixed it for me. I randomly got a "No SIM card" error two nights ago. Pulled the battery and my sim card worked after that, but my LED notifications stopped working. Hopefully they'll continue to work.

hanano17

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I have noticed a few times where the LED doesn't light up, even with Light Flow. I have to go back into Light Flow and back out and it works again...I hope it's a bug that can/will be fixed.

Is the LED supposed to come on when charging by default?

MrLorence

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
This is something simple that I miss from my X...I also this with my X there was a similar issue that was solved with an update of some sort..

Ben84Mtl

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm running into a different issue where my LED seems to be broken/burned (is that even possible)? It was working fine for the past 2 weeks and since the last 2 days, the only color I can get out of it is white with a greenish-purpulish hue which is not bright at all. Before that, the white notification would light up my bedroom at night (litterally) and I had various colors (blue, purple, green, etc.) when charging, now it's always the same weird, faint color.

Is it possible for this thing to break after only 2 weeks? I was using the "Galaxy Nexus LED" application to manage it (simple app that did what I wanted it to do, no need for Light Flow).

I have a BSE skin on my screen, if that makes any difference (have had it since day 1 or so).

I tried rebooting, removing battery, deinstalling LED related apps, etc... Still won't give me anything but that weird, faint whitish looking color.

Help anyone?