how do i put music on the nexus?

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I am not quite sure how this worked but all my music from my TB somehow transfered via Google Music. I was going to drag and drop but for some reason I opened google music and it was there already. Not sure how that worked but it was a pleasant surprice.

I just hope that the drag and drop for music works better than picture tranfers worked.

anon(20593)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I've had Doubletwist for a while now, but have always found it buggy. My device doesn't show up more than half the time, and its very very slow. With the new Galaxy Nexus, I'm hoping for a fresh start on many things, music syncing with my iTunes on a Mac, being one of them.

So, has anybody here used Winamp? Does Winamp offer the same functionality as Doubletwist: basically read my iTunes playlists and transfer selected songs over to the phone, such that I can hear them through the Winamp app?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised none of you haven't mentioned Isyncr. It's the best program I've found so far. I use Google music but it seems to drain the battery pretty good when streaming. I think I will use Isyncr to put all my current songs on the gnex and, then use Google music to buy new songs and, I can always make them available offline when I want. The only thing is, it won't do any old drm-protected files.

Last edited:

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
OMG people actually use itunes without ipods?????? iTunes is the biggest piece of garbage app on Windows since AOL. Learn to use Windows Explorer. If youre still that helpless, install Winamp and use it for syncing. iTunes is TERRIBLE.

Google Music is fine for streaming and all, but if you want a REAL audio experience you need to use Power AMP or GTFO. nothing on any phone, including iPhone, compares to Power AMP. I've tried them all.

I like Poweramp but, the music player in ICS is much improved and I actually prefer it.

Edit: I was wrong, Poweramp is much better when you install the music directly on the phone. I also hadn't accessed all the eq settings until I put the phone in landscape.

Last edited:

sdweller

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I need help, I can transfer music that I have downloaded from the internet, but cannot get music from CD that was downloaded to my PC to show up on GN. It will show up in the Windows Media Player as synced, but not on the GN.

If I can't get this to work, the GN is going back

AZ_Don

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
OMG people actually use itunes without ipods?????? iTunes is the biggest piece of garbage app on Windows since AOL. Learn to use Windows Explorer. If youre still that helpless, install Winamp and use it for syncing. iTunes is TERRIBLE.

Google Music is fine for streaming and all, but if you want a REAL audio experience you need to use Power AMP or GTFO. nothing on any phone, including iPhone, compares to Power AMP. I've tried them all.

OK so I bought PowerAmp based on a lot of recommendations. I then bought an album from the Android Market. It immediately was availabe in the cloud and when I checked "Make Availabe Offline" in Google music, the files were indeed downloaded but PowerAmp cant see any titles or tag data. Everything is just "mp3 unknown artist, unknown album"

How do I get the album tracks permanently on my Nexus with tag info from the Market?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
OK so I bought PowerAmp based on a lot of recommendations. I then bought an album from the Android Market. It immediately was availabe in the cloud and when I checked "Make Availabe Offline" in Google music, the files were indeed downloaded but PowerAmp cant see any titles or tag data. Everything is just "mp3 unknown artist, unknown album"

How do I get the album tracks permanently on my device with tag info from the Market?

where were the songs downloaded to. You need to set up power amp to look for the directory that the songs are in .

to do this , open power amp then open up poweramp settings by using the soft menu key in lower right hand side of screen , then select Music folders.

from here you can assign what folders it will look for music in

JarodL

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I bought iSyncr but had a lot of problems transferring files. I contacted the developer and they were very quick to respond, but we still couldn't find a solution. The Nexus does not seem to like transferring files via USB.

I downloaded Double Twist, but since there is no USB mass storage mode, I had to buy the Air-sync add on to transfer files. It worked pretty well (transfers about 6 songs a minute, so it took a little while and my wifi connection dropped a couple times so I had to re-sync songs).

Doubletwist lets me see how many songs are on my Nexus, iSyncr doesn't tell you how many transferred so I had no idea what made it over. I also think Double Twist's user interface is significantly more refined.

I still think it is ridiculous there is not native support in android to sync the OS with your iTunes/WMP library. For a platform that has been out for a couple years now, it amazes me there are some very basic features missing.

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I can't even get my Nexus to show up on my computer (Mac). I even turned on the debug USB mode and nothing shows up on my desktop when I connect my Nexus.

Any advice?