Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how do i put music on the nexus?

i like to put music on my phone i just use itunes to transfer my music to my android devices in the past no problem but now on the nexus i cant. i have to store on a sd card then into the nexus

ROM
    stock

Default re: how do i put music on the nexus?

Quote Originally Posted by nybaseball21 View Post
    i like to put music on my phone i just use itunes to transfer my music to my android devices in the past no problem but now on the nexus i cant. i have to store on a sd card then into the nexus
    No. You can still drag and drop directly to the internal memory as you could before. Just plug it in to your comp
    ghostvzwdev (stock rooted)
    m7wls (stock rooted)
    manta (stock rooted)
    Follow me on Twitter
    Email/GTalk
    Google+
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

i do i double click the internal memory i went to drag over the song and it wont let me.when i use my sd card adatpter to transfer over the songs i could

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

i do i double click the internal memory i went to drag over the song and it wont let me.when i use my sd card adatpter to transfer over the songs i could
    what os are you using?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Default Re: how do i put music on the nexus?

using a windows laptop

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

using a windows laptop
    what version? I know xp has some troubles with MTP if windows media player 10 is not installed, but if you have 7 it should work fine, not sure about vista.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

it has windows 7. try it yourself. i go to drag it over from itunes into the nexus internal storge music folder and it wont snyc

I don't have itunes on this laptop yet, but I just dragged an mp3 file from a folder on the nexus and it worked, try that if you can.

Same question here, but for a Mac laptop. I just plugged in my GNex and it doesn't even come up on the laptop as an external device. ARgh. Phone IS charging though. So clearly it's getting power from the Mac. Gonna try reboot...

Never mind: android.com/filetransfer has the software you need to connect the phone with a Mac! Now I can see the phone and can drag music right into the music folder.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Try just going to your itunes folder in windows explorer and drag and drop from there onto the nexus. Or give Google Music a shot...it works great

OK, this drag and drop thing is a pain. Is there a way to get itunes playlist songs over??

Honestly, people. Google Music is the easiest way. If you're worried about not having music when you don't have a strong signal, then you can always pin a lot of it to be available when you're offline. That way, your music is synced to Google Music so you can listen through any browser wherever you are, and it will also be available for streaming through your device or cached locally on your device.

OK, so say hypothetically that I am on a cruise ship floating in the middle of the deep blue sea next week. I can actually pick songs on Google music and it will download them on the phone and keep them there, so my total and utter lack of cel phone signal next week would not be a problem???

If that's the case, I am game for trying it. I already uploaded my entire library to G music (took 3 days) in the summer, but never did like the beta interface so I have not used it yet...

Katherine

Yes. You just have to mark each album or song or playlist (pretty sure it works for playlists, anyway) to be available offline.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by kath00 View Post
    OK, this drag and drop thing is a pain. Is there a way to get itunes playlist songs over??
    Doubletwist. It pulls all the iTunes information and can sync playlists.
    Thanked by:
    kath00 

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    Doubletwist. It pulls all the iTunes information and can sync playlists.
    Or the Google Music uploader syncs 100% with iTunes, except for any DRM music
    m7wls (stock rooted)
    manta (stock rooted)
    Follow me on Twitter
    Email/GTalk
    Google+
    Thanked by:
    jb20 
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by iBowToAndroid View Post
    Or the Google Music uploader syncs 100% with iTunes, except for any DRM music
    It doesn't sync to the device natively on the computer, however.

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    It doesn't sync to the device natively on the computer, however.
    That's because there's no need - it wirelessly syncs to your device
    m7wls (stock rooted)
    manta (stock rooted)
    Follow me on Twitter
    Email/GTalk
    Google+

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Honestly, people. Google Music is the easiest way. If you're worried about not having music when you don't have a strong signal, then you can always pin a lot of it to be available when you're offline. That way, your music is synced to Google Music so you can listen through any browser wherever you are, and it will also be available for streaming through your device or cached locally on your device.
    how do you get playlists in the form of m3u files on here?

OMG people actually use itunes without ipods?????? iTunes is the biggest piece of garbage app on Windows since AOL. Learn to use Windows Explorer. If youre still that helpless, install Winamp and use it for syncing. iTunes is TERRIBLE.

Google Music is fine for streaming and all, but if you want a REAL audio experience you need to use Power AMP or GTFO. nothing on any phone, including iPhone, compares to Power AMP. I've tried them all.

Global Posts
    752 Global Posts

I am not quite sure how this worked but all my music from my TB somehow transfered via Google Music. I was going to drag and drop but for some reason I opened google music and it was there already. Not sure how that worked but it was a pleasant surprice.

I just hope that the drag and drop for music works better than picture tranfers worked.
    Waiting for the G-Nex

I've had Doubletwist for a while now, but have always found it buggy. My device doesn't show up more than half the time, and its very very slow. With the new Galaxy Nexus, I'm hoping for a fresh start on many things, music syncing with my iTunes on a Mac, being one of them.

So, has anybody here used Winamp? Does Winamp offer the same functionality as Doubletwist: basically read my iTunes playlists and transfer selected songs over to the phone, such that I can hear them through the Winamp app?

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by wootang00 View Post
    how do you get playlists in the form of m3u files on here?
    You can't import playlists, unfortunately. Maybe later. Til then, you just have to do a full sync with either iTunes or WMP
    m7wls (stock rooted)
    manta (stock rooted)
    Follow me on Twitter
    Email/GTalk
    Google+

Global Posts
    1,675 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

I'm surprised none of you haven't mentioned Isyncr. It's the best program I've found so far. I use Google music but it seems to drain the battery pretty good when streaming. I think I will use Isyncr to put all my current songs on the gnex and, then use Google music to buy new songs and, I can always make them available offline when I want. The only thing is, it won't do any old drm-protected files.
    Last edited by qnet; 12-17-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Global Posts
    1,675 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Quote Originally Posted by somnambulator View Post
    OMG people actually use itunes without ipods?????? iTunes is the biggest piece of garbage app on Windows since AOL. Learn to use Windows Explorer. If youre still that helpless, install Winamp and use it for syncing. iTunes is TERRIBLE.

Google Music is fine for streaming and all, but if you want a REAL audio experience you need to use Power AMP or GTFO. nothing on any phone, including iPhone, compares to Power AMP. I've tried them all.
    I like Poweramp but, the music player in ICS is much improved and I actually prefer it.

Edit: I was wrong, Poweramp is much better when you install the music directly on the phone. I also hadn't accessed all the eq settings until I put the phone in landscape.
    Last edited by qnet; 12-17-2011 at 07:53 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast