If no wallet, what are our options, if any?

mjhubbard

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
So we cant install wallet (unless I missed something)

So, what are our options if we want to make use of NFC in the phone to make payments at stores. Plenty of stores around here have the pads, but what do I need to do to use them? The phone has the hardware already, it would be a shame if I could not use it.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

So, what are our options if we want to make use of NFC in the phone to make payments at stores. Plenty of stores around here have the pads, but what do I need to do to use them? The phone has the hardware already, it would be a shame if I could not use it.

You can't use it yet unless you install the hacked wallet. Isis won't be ready for a while.

nickmo

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
It really was easy. I've only been using Android for a month, just got my Nexus Thursday and I already unlocked the bootloader, rooted, and installed Wallet.

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
It's easy to get it on the phone, the hard part is getting it to work, mine force closes when you try to use it.

Sent from the Nexus Galaxy far away

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Bump. No other options? Never been one to hack my phone...I really, REALLY, was looking forward to using Wallet.

Me too ....using my phone for payments was probably the feature i was most excited about....ill wait a month or two when the devs (hopefully cm9 will have it) get it right and then i will root and install it.....unless of course it somehow makes it to the market officially. It sucks how bad i want to use this application and cannot for whatever reason.

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Some Bank of America credit cards come with a seperate NFC chip. It's the shape of a tiny credit card (about 25% the size of a normal CC) with adhesive backing. You're supposed to stick it to the back of your phone.

I was thinking of cutting it down so it fits under my watch. This way I can point my wrist to pay :)

mechapathy

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded the no-root apk, and I'm happy to report Google just bought me a gallon of apple cider. Even the girl at the register was amazed!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded the no-root apk, and I'm happy to report Google just bought me a gallon of apple cider. Even the girl at the register was amazed!

I got my $10 sitting in there... thinking about running to target and getting a USB Fiber Optics christmas tree with it.

protonchain

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

You can install Google wallet on a stock non rooted locked nexus easily by installing an apk.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

I just installed it couple minutes ago with this thread. Op says you need root but this works flawlessly, no fc and $10 credit is included.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
The apk works fine. Haven't tried to load up the prepaid with any money yet. Don't have a master card. Just am ex and visa.