1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Extended battery life

How is the extended battery holding up vs the regular one. It's only 300 mah more. Waiting for my gnex in the mail and I only get 2.5-3 hours out if my tbolt with stock battery in 4g. I have a work email that is synced and praying the gnex is a little better. Would you recommend the spare battery charging kit instead ? Also where do u guys buy your accessories?

sent from my thunderbolt

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Default Re: Extended battery life

i ordered the extended battery.. should receive it in a couple of days.. will keep you posted. all i can suggest is stay on cdma. cross over to 4g when needed to maintain battery life

I purchased the 2100 mah battery and never even booted the phone with the stock battery. Being a new device i was using it alot the first day. From full charge to around 20 percent battery it took about 10 hours.

Today I got up and used pandora before work, I also used tapatalk a little and sent a couple txt's before i went in. The phone was in my pocket for 8 hours with occasional use. I check the battery life about 4 hours into my shift and i was only down to 90% battery, most of that being "phone idle" and the screen.

I will report more with screen shots if you want but my initial will be rating will be very good. Keep in mind im comming from a Thunderbolt which had the worst battery life in the history of smartphones.

-kesnik
    Last edited by kesnik; 12-16-2011 at 04:06 AM.
    Thanked by:
    Mooem 

Quote Originally Posted by xyzlene View Post
    stay on cdma. cross over to 4g when needed to maintain battery life
    Is there a toggle of some sort available in ICS for this? 3G/4G selection?

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

If you go to settings -> More (under wireless & networks) -> Mobile networks ->Network Mode
    From there you can switch to CDMA only.

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

I got 15 hours or so on the first charge. I was on the hone a lot downloading and setting everything up, I am pretty happy with the extended battery life.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by:
    Mooem 
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Those are all pretty impressive thanks.

sent from my thunderbolt

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dubge View Post
    I got 15 hours or so on the first charge. I was on the hone a lot downloading and setting everything up, I am pretty happy with the extended battery life.
    Damn, that is ridiculous! I may have to swing by the Verizon store today.

- 13.3 Retina MacBook Pro
    - AT&T LG G2 | AT&T LG Optimus G Pro
    - AT&T Samsung GS4 | AT&T Galaxy Note 3 | Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 | Samsung Galaxy Gear
    - AT&T Nokia 1520
    - T-Mobile Xperia Z1s
    - LG G Pad 8.3 GPe
    - 16GB Google Nexus 5 | 32GB Google Nexus 7 2013
    - 32GB iPad Air | 16GB iPad Mini Retina

Global Posts
    372 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mraviator View Post
    Is there a toggle of some sort available in ICS for this? 3G/4G selection?
    4g toggle designed for the Razr works on my Gnex.

i got 9 1/2 hours on my first full charge with the extended battery.......lots of downloading, browsing, texting, couple of calls, and at least an hour of streaming netflix. Id be happy if that is the norm.

Global Posts
    1,040 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Does anyone have the car cradle and does the phone fit in it with the extended battery?
    FD2
    Shadow Lurker

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I got 15 hours out of with heavy usage.
    I'm not a star, somebody lied

I got 8 hours down to 29% with what I will think will be my normal usage, a dozen phone calls and texts, an hour of YouTube, turning off the WiFi and bluetooth when not using, used navigator to route me out of town into a 3G area, downloaded a few 20mb apps and sending & receiving maybe 40 emails with doc attachments, logging onto my company's GApps. I have the extended 2150Mah battery and there just barely is a 1mm difference in thickness on the case so I am sure no one will have any problem with car mounts or cases made for the standard backing.

tl;dr - battery life is more than I expected on extended battery - happy with purchase.