Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SpaceHippie
  • 1 Post By sandoff
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default An Even Beefier Battery?

    Just gave up my EVO4G and my expired Sprint Contract for the Nexus. No regrets....

    BUT... I was COMPLETELY spoiled by my 3500MAH battery on my EVO. Never had an issue with the bigger (backside). Verizons LTE network eats the Galaxy Nexus battery alive.. Lol it stands no chance. The Funny thing is it's the same usage I used to get when I orginally got my EVO with the 1500Mah... I don't want to go back to those days.

    Is there anyway we'll see a much beefier third party battery from Seidio or any other 3rd party that will include NFC capabilities? Or do I just need a 2nd... And Thrid battery? lol
  2. #2  
    SpaceHippie's Avatar
    Journeyman

    Posts
    1,508 Posts
    ROM
    A

    Default Re: An Even Beefier Battery?

    theres the 2150 mah battery that you can buy. It does not make the phone any bigger which begs to question why did they not put it in the phone to begin with
    barley culiner likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: An Even Beefier Battery?

    Will that Make much of a Difference though? It's not that much bigger at all... the 3500 used to take me through a day and a half easy. I wouldn't want to buy just for a minimum bump you know? Do you have the 2150?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: An Even Beefier Battery?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitansJonne View Post
    theres the 2150 mah battery that you can buy. It does not make the phone any bigger which begs to question why did they not put it in the phone to begin with
    Answer: sales revenue. I passed on the extended battery because it wasn't a significant upgrade over the original. Now the extended battery on the Rezound, that is actually worth it.
  5. #5  
    DaPoets's Avatar

    Posts
    394 Posts
    ROM
    4.0.3 Codename 1.5.0

    Default Re: An Even Beefier Battery?

    just get the extra battery w/ the charger dock and y cable.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: An Even Beefier Battery?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitansJonne View Post
    theres the 2150 mah battery that you can buy. It does not make the phone any bigger which begs to question why did they not put it in the phone to begin with
    Are you sure about that? If it's no bigger than why does it need a new battery door? I love how slim this phone is and also wouldnt mind if it was even slimmer like the GSM version. But a little extra thickness is worth the LTE.
  7. #7  
    dubge's Avatar

    Posts
    1,142 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

    Default Re: An Even Beefier Battery?

    I have the extended battery. I got 15.5 hours of heavy use with it on the first charge. I would say it will give you an extra 2-3 hours use and that might be enough to get some people through the day.

    The reason it didn't come with it is because they want to charge you money for it. People would go nuts if the phone was $350 but no one says anything when it is $300 + $50 for the battery.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  8. #8  
    SpaceHippie's Avatar
    Journeyman

    Posts
    1,508 Posts
    ROM
    A

    Default Re: An Even Beefier Battery?

    Quote Originally Posted by Z Fury View Post
    Answer: sales revenue. I passed on the extended battery because it wasn't a significant upgrade over the original. Now the extended battery on the Rezound, that is actually worth it.
    i agree. but i was tired of the thickness and lack of extended cases. The 2150 is good enough for me because i don't need my phone to last 2 days.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: An Even Beefier Battery?

    Quote Originally Posted by dubge View Post
    I have the extended battery. I got 15.5 hours of heavy use with it on the first charge. I would say it will give you an extra 2-3 hours use and that might be enough to get some people through the day.
    15.5???? That would be a big bump! . . . but I stream iHeartRadio every morning. Any within my 2 hour commute( yea I know) . . . I was down to 38% . . . My usage may differ..
  10. #10  

    Default Re: An Even Beefier Battery?

    I just left a VZW corp store and the extended battery is 1/2 off today i.e. $25
    I_Am_Incredible likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: An Even Beefier Battery?

    Quote Originally Posted by sandoff View Post
    I just left a VZW corp store and the extended battery is 1/2 off today i.e. $25
    Man, I may need to check out a different store today then. The one close to where I work (i.e. the one where I got my phone) didn't have any of the extended batteries. They did have the extra battery with the Y cable, which I should have gotten just because of the stand.

    I may have to check out the store by my house when I get off of work.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: An Even Beefier Battery?

    Quote Originally Posted by sandoff View Post
    I just left a VZW corp store and the extended battery is 1/2 off today i.e. $25
    May Just need to look into that... that just the battery or with the Charger?
  13. #13  
    Jim_1234's Avatar

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

    Default Re: An Even Beefier Battery?

    I was told all 4g extended batteries are 50% off.
    Is it the 29th yet?
  14. #14  
    terrain's Avatar

    Posts
    383 Posts
    Global Posts
    469 Global Posts

    Default Re: An Even Beefier Battery?

    Can't possibly be worse than the TB -- I'm just starting my first real "DAY" with the Nexus but I expect to get better mileage on LTE than I did with the TB. The extended battery is LARGER in both capacity and size than the OEM- not by much but enough to necessitate the new cover.

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Am_Incredible View Post
    Just gave up my EVO4G and my expired Sprint Contract for the Nexus. No regrets....

    BUT... I was COMPLETELY spoiled by my 3500MAH battery on my EVO. Never had an issue with the bigger (backside). Verizons LTE network eats the Galaxy Nexus battery alive.. Lol it stands no chance. The Funny thing is it's the same usage I used to get when I orginally got my EVO with the 1500Mah... I don't want to go back to those days.

    Is there anyway we'll see a much beefier third party battery from Seidio or any other 3rd party that will include NFC capabilities? Or do I just need a 2nd... And Thrid battery? lol
  15. #15  
    Snareman's Avatar

    Posts
    1,038 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,040 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: An Even Beefier Battery?

    Will the stock battery fir with the extended battery door? Basically, I'd like to get the extended battery, and there are times like on vacation when I'm not around a charger and like to have a second battery with me. So are there any problems with using the extended battery door with the stock battery? Looseness, etc? I'm not going to carry a battery door around with me too.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: An Even Beefier Battery?

    My previous post was from the phone so I didn't elaborate. The Verizon Galaxy Nexus Extended Battery/Cover is 50% off today. $25 and was told no corp. discounts on top of that. I put the extended battery on and the only way i could tell the difference was a little more wight and the Verizon case/holster did fit perfectly on there. NOT noticeable at all, I went with the second battery and charger pack because i also like the stand.

Posting Permissions

B