Disabling volume rocker while phone is asleep

haypatr

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I've found that the volume rocker gets bumped while its in my pocket with the phone asleep. Is there anyway that the volume control can be disabled while the phone is asleep? Thanks.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
My volume rocker does not work without the phone being awake and unlocked. If I wake, but do not unlock, it doesn't work either. Double check to make sure

ac7822

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
My volum rocker doesnt work w/o the phone being awake. But mine will work if awake but on the lock screen, although it doesnt show the volume being turned up or down it just does it.

davelm

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Odd. Mine won't change volume unless fully unlocked. asleep/lockscreen both won't change volume.

Are you running a Rom/Mod?

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
My volum rocker doesnt work w/o the phone being awake. But mine will work if awake but on the lock screen, although it doesnt show the volume being turned up or down it just does it.
Are you sure the volume rocker isn't being pressed along with the power button? Since I know that when the power button gets long-pressed and brings up the Phone options menu you can adjust the volume.

RBSplat

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
If you have the screen without unlock the volume rocker turn on the phone. If set to require unlock the rockers do not wake the phone.

If you using a lock screen widget/app all bets are off. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12