Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Default Re: Volume+ (Full Version)

i did not like how the sound was distorted after i install volume +

What number did you pick?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

It helps maybe we should bug vz about a volume fix
    AKA TrendyProfessional1

Is it just me or is the app not working for anyone else, installed everything fine and no matter what level I'm putting it at(not going to high in the case it does decide to work) I can not hear a difference in sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuzahi View Post
    Any GN user can check if this will work to boost the sound on the device?

Has anyone tried this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaee View Post
    Is it just me or is the app not working for anyone else, installed everything fine and no matter what level I'm putting it at(not going to high in the case it does decide to work) I can not hear a difference in sound.
    Didn't work for me either. Installed fine, UI works, no change in volume. Verizon issued 4.0.2 installed

No dice for me either. Non rooted though.

ROM
    Stock JellyBean

Thanks for the post.
    I am using the +4 setting and my Galaxy Nexus (my first Android Phone) finally has a decent sound !

Smile Re: Volume+ (Full Version)

works great thanks Big Time

Quote Originally Posted by bsmith14 View Post
    you have to download it from the file sharing site and enable 'Install from 3rd party Sources' (not sure of the terminology) in the settings.
    The link takes me to a site to download a download manager, which is an .exe file. I attempted to find out how to do this from the author's site, no information. Forums there have zero posts.

This reminds me of my HTC Touch Pro WinMo days. The volume on it and several other WinMo de ices were almost inaudible. We had to tweak a system sound file using hexadecimal to raise the volume.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beck79 View Post
    Thanks for the post.
    I am using the +4 setting and my Galaxy Nexus (my first Android Phone) finally has a decent sound !
    Same thing here for me, and it works great

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ROM
    Stock JellyBean

Quote Originally Posted by menelfloss View Post
    Didn't work for me either. Installed fine, UI works, no change in volume. Verizon issued 4.0.2 installed
    Did you tick both 'Speaker Modifications' in the speaker settings of the App?
    Also go to Phone's settings->sound->music effects and make sure Volume+ is selected in the pop up.

Also go to Phone's settings->sound->music effects and make sure Volume+ is selected in the pop up.
    Thanks for this. I will try to re-install and go further into it,

Global Posts
    579 Global Posts

Man, I can't get this thing to work. I got it installed, and followed all the instructions. I just don't notice any difference. Is everyone noticing a big difference in volume out, or is it subtle?

Can you elaborate on the "both" Speaker modifications you are referring to? I only see one in the free version of this app that relates to the speaker.

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Click on the 1.8.0.6 link, but in about the version shows 1.8.0.5. In my download folder it does say VolumePlus1.8.0.6.apk

Global Posts
    1,682 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaee View Post
    Your not alone. I'm assume what everyone is saying the difference being is the external speaker. It does seem to enhance that some but, it doesn't seem to change much for the headset. I've played with all the EQ settings and, it doesn't seem any better than the stock music player.

I guess I'm not really too concerned about the external speaker because I use headphones most of the time when watching a video or playing music. I'll have to test it out and see if it makes the notifications sound louder.

ROM
    Stock JellyBean

Quote Originally Posted by airtaz View Post
    Can you elaborate on the "both" Speaker modifications you are referring to? I only see one in the free version of this app that relates to the speaker.
    The 'free' version has only one 'Speaker Modifications' tick box.
    The full version has '2'.

I couldn't tell if this app was working or not when I was adjusting external speaker. For the headset adjustments I plugged in my headphones and started a song. While the song was playing I opened Volume+ and made adjustments on the fly. To can clearly hear the volume levels and treble/bass change and you make changes in Volume+. I ended up with Volume at +4 and Bass boost at +8. It's definitely not going to boost the volume level enough to make your ears bleed, but it definitely helps.

Anyone know the difference between the free version on the market and this full version (even though it looks free from the link)?

I noticed the same thing.

Don't notice any change at all. Hopefully Google and verizon can fix this ASAP.

ROM
    CodeName 1.3.3

Awesome works great my GNex is a beast now.

After jumping through all kinds of hoops trying to download this thing, I was able to, so it appears. BTW: did you guys download a specific download manager?

Regardless...I turned on pandora and started to mess with the settings while the music was playing...no difference. I even cranked it to +15...no difference. I also put the EQ settings all down the middle.

Also, the version of the file says .6..but after installed the version in the app says .5.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast