1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [Question] Silly Faces Effect

Am I understanding this correctly?

Are we only allowed to use the Silly Faces effect on the front facing camera in video mode?

I'm really puzzled as to why we can't use the front or back camera to take pictures while using the Silly Faces effect.

Why are we limited to only using the front facing camera with low quality 480p video to use the silly faces effect?

EDIT: Silly Faces works on both front and rear. my mistake. but i'm still kinda annoyed that we can't take photos using this effect.

Doesn't this defeat the purpose of it being used like "Photobooth" (apple) where you can take photos?

I'm relegated to taking screen shots with my g-nex.

a minor thing but kind of annoying to me. cuz when I was using the silly faces effect and having to take a video, everyone i tried it on was like "why are you taking a video?..." (instead of taking pictures)
    Last edited by reflekt2099; 12-16-2011 at 12:31 PM.

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: [Question] Silly Faces Effect

Quote Originally Posted by reflekt2099 View Post
    Am I understanding this correctly?

Are we only allowed to use the Silly Faces effect on the front facing camera in video mode?

I'm really puzzled as to why we can't use the front or back camera to take pictures while using the Silly Faces effect.

Why are we limited to only using the front facing camera with low quality 480p video to use the silly faces effect?

Doesn't this defeat the purpose of it being used like "Photobooth" (apple) where you can take photos?

I'm relegated to taking screen shots with my g-nex.

a minor thing but kind of annoying to me. cuz when I was using the silly faces effect and having to take a video, everyone i tried it on was like "why are you taking a video?..." (instead of taking pictures)
    I can do it on the rear camera on 720p... did you update the phone to 4.0.2?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ruffolo View Post
    I can do it on the rear camera on 720p... did you update the phone to 4.0.2?
    yah that was my mistake/wrong explanation. I am now referring to just the effect missing in the camera when taking pictures

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by reflekt2099 View Post
    yah that was my mistake/wrong explanation. I am now referring to just the effect missing in the camera when taking pictures
    yeah :/ hopefully it will come with a future update? Camera ZOOM FX which i got the other day for $0.10. It has the funny effects for Point and Shoot.

I don't even see this silly faces option. Where is it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bmoore09 View Post
    I don't even see this silly faces option. Where is it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    video camera--> settings--> grid box looking thing
    Keyboard Warrior

Global Posts
    574 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Ahhh that's why I couldn't figure out how to use it. I haven't tried video out yet and I was looking for the setting for still pictures. Thanks.