update 4.0.2 red exclamation point

oxidant11

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
So I didnt think and I unlocked the bootloader and rooted right from the start before doing the update, everything went smoothly but now when I try to do the update to 4.0.2 it downloads, and starts to install but stops and shows an open android guy with an red exclamation point, I waited for a while and then decided to reboot and phone still works fine but yeah tried twice now and I get the same thing, any ideas?

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So I didnt think and I unlocked the bootloader and rooted right from the start before doing the update, everything went smoothly but now when I try to do the update to 4.0.2 it downloads, and starts to install but stops and shows an open android guy with an red exclamation point, I waited for a while and then decided to reboot and phone still works fine but yeah tried twice now and I get the same thing, any ideas?

I believe if you are rooted you can't recieve OTA updates. Now if you just have the bootloader unlocked, that doesn't affect anything, but rooting does.

rman18

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue... but I'm pretty sure you can update with root... I've never heard of that. Is the update available somewhere online?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
if you are rooted with superuser or CWR that blocks updates. Try unrooting and installing the update, see if that works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke