1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default update 4.0.2 red exclamation point

So I didnt think and I unlocked the bootloader and rooted right from the start before doing the update, everything went smoothly but now when I try to do the update to 4.0.2 it downloads, and starts to install but stops and shows an open android guy with an red exclamation point, I waited for a while and then decided to reboot and phone still works fine but yeah tried twice now and I get the same thing, any ideas?

Default Re: update 4.0.2 red exclamation point

Quote Originally Posted by oxidant11 View Post
    So I didnt think and I unlocked the bootloader and rooted right from the start before doing the update, everything went smoothly but now when I try to do the update to 4.0.2 it downloads, and starts to install but stops and shows an open android guy with an red exclamation point, I waited for a while and then decided to reboot and phone still works fine but yeah tried twice now and I get the same thing, any ideas?
    I believe if you are rooted you can't recieve OTA updates. Now if you just have the bootloader unlocked, that doesn't affect anything, but rooting does.

I'm having the same issue... but I'm pretty sure you can update with root... I've never heard of that. Is the update available somewhere online?

if you are rooted with superuser or CWR that blocks updates. Try unrooting and installing the update, see if that works.