So I didnt think and I unlocked the bootloader and rooted right from the start before doing the update, everything went smoothly but now when I try to do the update to 4.0.2 it downloads, and starts to install but stops and shows an open android guy with an red exclamation point, I waited for a while and then decided to reboot and phone still works fine but yeah tried twice now and I get the same thing, any ideas?
    12-16-2011 12:53 PM
    So I didnt think and I unlocked the bootloader and rooted right from the start before doing the update, everything went smoothly but now when I try to do the update to 4.0.2 it downloads, and starts to install but stops and shows an open android guy with an red exclamation point, I waited for a while and then decided to reboot and phone still works fine but yeah tried twice now and I get the same thing, any ideas?
    I believe if you are rooted you can't recieve OTA updates. Now if you just have the bootloader unlocked, that doesn't affect anything, but rooting does.
    12-16-2011 12:55 PM
    I'm having the same issue... but I'm pretty sure you can update with root... I've never heard of that. Is the update available somewhere online?
    12-16-2011 03:16 PM
    if you are rooted with superuser or CWR that blocks updates. Try unrooting and installing the update, see if that works.
    12-16-2011 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD