Searched but can't find it. Moving music to the GN?

Bloodthirsty

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Tried for two days now. I get about 1000 songs or so copied over and then it stops responding. Ugh! With this had removable memory. Anyone else having issues?

mouser991

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a Mac using Double Twist and it would not recognize the Nexus. So I created a music folder on my desktop and then moved my music (which was on the mini sd in the Droid Charge) to the desktop music folder. I then downloaded Android File Transfer for Mac, hooked the Nexus up with the usb and placed all the music from the desktop folder into the music folder on the Nexus via the Android File Transfer application. Worked :D

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I think you're supposed to use WMP or some other syncing program.

I used WMP and initially I had one "not responding" error, but afterwards synced all my music without a hitch.

astraelraen

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
With media transfer protocol and Windows 7, it seems to let you drag and drop like you could do with other Android phones/USB drives.

But, mine never works that well. Sometimes it will transfer sometimes it won't. Sometimes if I drag and drop one photo it will be there, other times it will just freeze and do nothing. It rarely ever works if I try to move more than one file/folder at a time.

Bloodthirsty

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't like google music. I want the music on my phone. Not streamed.

So here is the latest. Still can't get it on there. If I drag and drop it times out. Tried to do a zip file but it wouldn't transfer. Tried WMP but about half of my music is m4a format. Doesn't work either. I need some help here before I blow something up!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

smitty24

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't like google music. I want the music on my phone. Not streamed.

So here is the latest. Still can't get it on there. If I drag and drop it times out. Tried to do a zip file but it wouldn't transfer. Tried WMP but about half of my music is m4a format. Doesn't work either. I need some help here before I blow something up!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

SERIOUSLY - check into this
AirDroid-Enjoy your Android Experience over the air

It is super easy to use.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
On a mac you have to download this program to drag and drop folders, works great. What I do on my windows PC is after I've dragged and dropped the music I open DoubleTwist let it load up my local library, then I sync it with my computer over my wifi. Takes less time this way.

dsuppa

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
go the google music route, then once its done uploading you can pin music to make available offline and your phone will download the songs over Wifi and store on your phone. This way you have a seamless connection of cloud and local music. There's even an option to only show offline music if you want to make sure youre not streaming something if you want to save battery or data.

Bloodthirsty

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
go the google music route, then once its done uploading you can pin music to make available offline and your phone will download the songs over Wifi and store on your phone. This way you have a seamless connection of cloud and local music. There's even an option to only show offline music if you want to make sure youre not streaming something if you want to save battery or data.

Sounds like I'll have to go this rout. Selecting about 3000 songs will be a chore though. I assume there is no select all option?

And just for info purposes I'm not on a mac. Running XP. Blah.

dsuppa

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
No there's no select all option but it will group your songs into artist and albums so that should make it much easier

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I think people need to check their computers when troubleshooting transfer issues as most, including mine, worked with no hitch - transferred over 2,200 songs, and over 200 pictures - just plug and play on windows 7

Plus use the USB cable supplied with the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon