How do I select a song as my default ringtone?

InterMurph

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I copied a bunch of music to my Droid Nexus. I want one of them to be my default ringtone.

In Settings/Sound/Phone ringtone, it gives me a list of ringtones, but no songs appear there.

In Music, when I long-press on a song title, it does not give me the option of setting it as a ringtone.

Anyone?

Thanks.

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
What i did was:
use the Explorer app

SD Card > Music > Long press the song you want and choose copy
Press back > open Ringtone Folder and hit paste

This also works for notifications the same way.

I had to restart my phone before the song/sound was recognized as a ring tone.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I like using the Ringdroid app for editing/creating notifications and ringtones.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah...you have to copy the file (mp3 or whatever) into the root ringtone folder (either with astro or connected to the computer via usb). Then it'll show up int he ringtone list as an option.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah...you have to copy the file (mp3 or whatever) into the root ringtone folder (either with astro or connected to the computer via usb). Then it'll show up int he ringtone list as an option.

That's where an app like Ringdroid really makes the whole process easy. It displays all of your music tracks when you open it, just select the one you want and it takes you to its editor, with the file primed to edit and then save the file, selecting ringtone or notification, and even assigning it to an individual contact, if you wish. Doesn't get much easier than that.

manjit 1986

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I copied a bunch of music to my Droid Nexus. I want one of them to be my default ringtone.

In Settings/Sound/Phone ringtone, it gives me a list of ringtones, but no songs appear there.

In Music, when I long-press on a song title, it does not give me the option of setting it as a ringtone.

Anyone?

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles