Can't Get Google Wallet Working...

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I am a Wallet user since my last phone was a Nexus S 4G. In market, it let me download and install Wallet as it was listed with apps I had that hadn't been installed.

It installed fine, but then I saw this when I launched it...

View attachment 19091

It exits after you click the button. Wonder how a workaround might work.

Rockn

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Installed Google Wallet...

very interesting, I have multiple Gmail accounts because my employer uses them,... many things are managed by my companies IT and I cannot access some apps or YouTube videos, etc, with their Gmail account, but have to use one of my own. Google employees can use Wallet on this device,... hmmm, there is an exploit here somewhere.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

I am a Wallet user since my last phone was a Nexus S 4G. In market, it let me download and install Wallet as it was listed with apps I had that hadn't been installed.

It installed fine, but then I saw this when I launched it...

View attachment 19091

It exits after you click the button. Wonder how a workaround might work.

Wallet will not work on the GNex without rooting

thescreensavers

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site

I would wait a bit before installing it as there are some issues

Apps Optimizing on every boot
FCing before or after payment

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
where are you seeing g wallet. i do not see it in the mkt.

Like I said, it was only in my list of apps because I had it officially on my previous phone, the Nexus S 4G. It doesn't seem to matter though until we figure out a workaround.

Interesting, the mods renamed my thread...

I am curious how rooting will fix this. It seems like the app is checking for a certain domain suffix on the configured accounts. How will rooting get around that?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Definitely some issues with Google Wallet right now as another poster stated. I've gotten mine to work but it fc's right after payment, but it does go through... I remember seeing a post on xda about someone transferring his wallet account from the Nexus S to the Galaxy Nexus and there were some extra steps needed.

Bottom line you won't be able to get it on w/o rooting.

Sent from the Nexus Galaxy far away

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
[APP] Google Wallet (Flash: 1.1-R41v8-lukegb, APK: ???-NPS_CA) [16/12/2011] - Page 35 - xda-developers

worked on mine. Not unlocked. Not rooted. Haven't purchased anything, but people are reporting success.

Same here. Not rooted at all. All I did was point my browser to the mega-upload location in that thread and I have a free $10 to spend on Google Wallet :)

Read through that thread though @ the OP. If you've already had traces of GW on your Nexus, it may not work as easy as installing the APK. Edit: this is the post I was referring to: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=20404813#post20404813

NOTE: I installed this on ICL53F CLEAN install with NO older Wallet ever present. I did NOT wipe or do anything else. So as long as Wallet was NEVER installed on your /system partition or you didn't replaced NFC files this should just work out of the box. If you ever did any of the above get a clean ICL53F installed FIRST (root or no root, doesn't matter) [mine was rooted but a friend got it working no root]

Brandon

Last edited:

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
i just went to the store and bought my wife a candy bar with my phone!!! Thank you for posting that link....worked like a charm.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
So this is odd. I launched the app again today, sourced from Market. No updates, it's the same one that gave me the error before.

Now it works!!

I linked the same gmail account I used in Wallet before, but it doesn't see my Google debit card. It created a new one with the $10 freebie.

Going to have to either figure out how to transfer it or use my old balance up on my old phone.

Looks like Verizon silently caved on this one. Glad to see them do the right thing.

FYI, on the Nexus S 4G, Wallet was a battery hog.

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Looks like Verizon silently caved on this one.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure they caved. A guy in the XDA thread said that while the app wasn't working that he flashed to his phone, there was an update in the market for his app, and after he updated it, it started working. Remember, Verizon can't do anything to make the app not work on our phones, they simply didn't pre-install it or allow it to be seen in the market. But once it's on your phone, it shows under "My Apps" regardless.

Anyhow, I wanted to let you all know that there is no trouble when switching out batteries. I just swapped out my regular battery for the extended one, and then powered on the phone and opened GW, and it took about 1 full second to "initialize" and it worked without a hitch.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get the tap to register at the store, though. Where do you guys make contact with the PayPass thing? Does the back of the phone have to be flat against it? For how long?

Brandon

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I put my pin in and then held it flat against thing....it will say sending on ur screen....about 10 seconds and then sent.....ur done

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay. In the video I watched it said I didn't have to open the app up before putting it against the receiver. But I guess I should try that next time.

Brandon

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
you dont have to open it I guess. When you tap, it will open the app for you.....then you would need to puut your pin in and then hold it against etc. Etc......i appreciate that i have to put the pin in but that step makes it easier for me to just open it put my pin while in line and then im ready to roll at the register.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, I'm not so sure they caved. A guy in the XDA thread said that while the app wasn't working that he flashed to his phone, there was an update in the market for his app, and after he updated it, it started working. Remember, Verizon can't do anything to make the app not work on our phones, they simply didn't pre-install it or allow it to be seen in the market. But once it's on your phone, it shows under "My Apps" regardless.

Anyhow, I wanted to let you all know that there is no trouble when switching out batteries. I just swapped out my regular battery for the extended one, and then powered on the phone and opened GW, and it took about 1 full second to "initialize" and it worked without a hitch.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get the tap to register at the store, though. Where do you guys make contact with the PayPass thing? Does the back of the phone have to be flat against it? For how long?

Brandon

I have been thinking that there must have been an update, but I guess I didn't notice it. Or, perhaps that note I posted a picture of is a response coming from the Wallet service. Google could have loosened up the account types that it permits in response to a check from the app as it launches.

I still think VzW caved. We have proof of an early version being locked to Google employees only, and -something- changed to allow us to use it.

I don't see Google just unilaterally doing this and potentially jeopardizing its VzW relationship.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol