Does your LED work?

Does your LED work?

• Total voters

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
can someone tell me where it's supposed to come from. I have seen a white light while a text is unchecked but that's just one of the 3 bottom 'buttons" in circle form blinking. I'm guessing that's not the LED. Btw, what are you all using for audible text reminder notifications. Am I missing it?

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
can someone tell me where it's supposed to come from. I have seen a white light while a text is unchecked but that's just one of the 3 bottom 'buttons" in circle form blinking. I'm guessing that's not the LED. Btw, what are you all using for audible text reminder notifications. Am I missing it?
Haha, the white blinking light IS the LED we're talking about. Like when you have a new text and the screen is off and toward the bottom of the phone there's a white blinking light: that's it.

And if you're asking about text reminders in the sense that you want the phone to make a noise at some interval to say you have a missed text, you need an app to do that. I'm guessing people here are using Light Flow to control that, or if they're using a third party messaging app most of those can do that too.

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so two days ago, any GMail would blink white, and today it blinks green. What changed?

Also, I'm getting some random magenta/pink blinking with no notifications at all. It won't go away, even after a reboot. No idea what it is.

Brandon

Swavek

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
My LED does not light up when charging, but I get the blinking white LED when I have a notification (either email or text message)

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Guys, let me get this straight, do we only get one color (white) with any notifications? I'm talking without Light Flow engaged. I've only seen white for unchecked emails.

I don't even see anywhere within the Nexus that you can engage or disengage anything relating to this LED...again with the stock phone, not the Light Control app.

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Guys, let me get this straight, do we only get one color (white) with any notifications? I'm talking without Light Flow engaged. I've only seen white for unchecked emails.

I don't even see anywhere within the Nexus that you can engage or disengage anything relating to this LED...again with the stock phone, not the Light Control app.

Stock GMail should be green. It appears to be white in this ICS build though. Handcent is blue because that's what I selected within the app.

Brandon

Reactions: Ken7

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Brandon, in the stock app for the indicator lights (I actually can't find any settings for this on the Nexus), is there a different color for missed calls, MMS etc.?

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Brandon, in the stock app for the indicator lights (I actually can't find any settings for this on the Nexus), is there a different color for missed calls, MMS etc.?

There aren't any settings, unfortunately. In prior builds of Android (Gingerbread/Froyo), the LED is controlled independently by each application, but the Google Apps (Gmail, Messaging, G+) defaulted to using a Green LED indicator.

For whatever reason on the GNexus, Gmail uses a white indicator and the G+ Huddle/Messenger app doesn't use anything. I really, really wish Google would build in settings to those apps for the LED notification light. I think the only reason they don't is because not all devices have one.

Brandon

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Running stock I've seen the following notifications:

Gmail and Google Talk- white
Yahoo Mail - purple
Google Voice and Trillian - green
Go SMS - orange

Under Settings/Display is is an option to disable the notification light. That's the only setting that I've found in ICS.

Sent using Tapatalk

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I think mine is working normal. I've only seen two colors s far, white for email and green for new voicemails through GV.

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Im color blind so everything looks white to me.....that being said i appreciate the subtle nature of this notification light......it lets me know i have a notification without beating me over the head with it. My og droid just would blink incessantly to the point of annoyance. It would seem no matter what i did it would keep blinking till it got to the point that i just ignored it. The gnex gives me a nice slow pulse and then goes away when i open up the phone ane check it out. I like it.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Im using Light Flow on my new VGN. Question: Mine is working as it should. But I also see a final check box under general settings that says "Additional LEDs found" Then some language blah blah blah Light Flow can try and control them but not nativley supported... The name of the LED is s6e8aa0 control and there is a check box to "let Light Flow take control of the s6e8aa0 LED when the screen is off".

What's up with that? Do i have a secret LED somewhere other than the main multi-color LED?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20