How to select multiple emails for deletion

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Oh, that would be very cool, I have not had that ability with any of my Android phones using the stock Gmail app.

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to figure out the same thing. I get alot of junk email and want to delete all of them without having to select one at a time.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, the simplest way is to use Gmail as your primary mail provider. It's easy to do, it will go to your other mail carrier and suck in the mail for you whenever mail arrives.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how to select all in Gmail on a phone. You'll have to do that on a web based browser on a PC. It may work on a phone based browser but I haven't tried it.

jvalha

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
On my old Droid Incredible, you just hit delete, then delete all and you were done. There has to be a way to do this from the ICS email app. I'm calling Verizon and will report back.

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
For SMS conversations you can long press on a message then select all the rest of the conversations you want to delete. It would be nice to see that in the email.

jvalha

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I just talked to the guy at Verizon that sold me my phone. He has had his since day one. He knows of no way to do this.

How do you leave out such a basic feature as this?????:mad:

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they don't want people to accidentally delete 200 emails cause it is deceiving you only see 10 but select all delete would represent like 200 emails.

noooool

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Tick the box next to any of the emails, then click on the menu button (ON mine it is the three dots in a stack) and it will give you a select all and delete all options.
It will delete EVERY email in there so click carefully

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay