Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Slight Problem

Alright, so I decided to unlock my phone as soon as I got home from the store with it. The problem that I have encountered is not being able to connect to my computer. When I connect my phone VIA USB it only charges, and my computer wont detect it. It worked fine right up until I unlocked the bootloader and updated to 4.0.2. I wanted to try to restore to the factory image, but only have seen instructions on how to do that with a working USB connection.

Side note: I have several micro USB cables, and the only one that is working (at least for charging) is the one that came with the car charger. The other cables work as well, but only when the phone is powered off.

Any help would be appreciated!

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    ROM
    MMuzzy 4.2

When you connect your phone to your pc, check your device manager and see if anything in that list has an exclamation point by it. Might need to install drivers again

Sent from the Nexus Galaxy far away

Default Re: Slight Problem

Quote Originally Posted by x vortex x View Post
    Alright, so I decided to unlock my phone as soon as I got home from the store with it. The problem that I have encountered is not being able to connect to my computer. When I connect my phone VIA USB it only charges, and my computer wont detect it. It worked fine right up until I unlocked the bootloader and updated to 4.0.2. I wanted to try to restore to the factory image, but only have seen instructions on how to do that with a working USB connection.

Side note: I have several micro USB cables, and the only one that is working (at least for charging) is the one that came with the car charger. The other cables work as well, but only when the phone is powered off.

Any help would be appreciated!
    there are some really good guides to doing this, but I got the USB drivers from one of the steps > did you skip this part? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4174784/usb_driver.zip

from: [GUIDE] How To Unlock Bootloader and Root Verizon Galaxy Nexus
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: Slight Problem

Appreciate the help, but it seems to have fixed itself for the time being. I had the correct drivers on my computer installed from the time I unlocked it, it just wasn't seeing that there was a phone connected. Hope it doesn't happen again.