How are the new core apps?

tyrelian

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm here anxiously waiting with my nexus s 4g and I was wondering how are the new gapps? Hows the new youtube?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
ill answer this one. In one word, impressive.

Long of it, the new apps are greatly improved over before. youtube layout looks better, the browser is nicer, hell even the messaging app and dialer is nicer. Overall, im suoer glad google nodified every core app. Makes the whole experience nicer. Now if they coukd just improve the UI of Google Listen, i wouod be in heavenn.

revickulous2001

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
They are very good. Google has made a very strong effort this year to upgrade all their apps to make them more visually appealing. They are clearly trying to make Android more of a consumer-friendly mobile operating system. I would expect further updates to in the near future that will add more functionality and improve the UI even more.

Laramie

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Google Voice was changed ever so slightly, feels much better and more inline with their other apps.

+1

I rely on Google Voice for voicemail and for texting at home since I live in BFE and have to literally walk outside and down the road to get steady service. Google voice is great for texting, just confuses all my friends because they get texts from me from 2 different numbers.

fire n ice

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
The only complaint I have now is that the GV inbox widget is 2x2 instead of 2x1. Other than that, I'm really digging the integration.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah everything for a change is starting to feel like it has a much tighter integration with each other. They've added some new things, removed excessive things and generally made the work flow in each of them a bit different / better.

fire n ice

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Another thing I've noticed about GV is that the widget won't update when I send or receive a text...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

arifjk

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
BTW, how do you forward your voicemail to Google Voice Voicemail? Any manual?...

update: found the instructions.
"While having a Google Voice number is handy, the fact of the matter is that on whatever phone you call a person from (landline, cell phone, etc), many people are used to calling you back at the number you called them from.

Here's a master list by cell provider of conditional forwarding codes and directions to set up your cell voicemail so that unanswered/ignored calls to your cell go to your GV voicemail, Callwave-style (for those of you who have used that service!)

Caveat: depending on your cell phone provider, it can take anywhere from 6-10 rings for your GV voicemail to pick up.

DIRECTIONS:
1. Find your activation code in the list below.

2. Enter the first code exactly as written, as if you're dialing someone. Replace [GVnumber] with your GV phone number. For example, if your GV phone number is 203-555-1212, and your service is CellCom, then you would enter *682035551212.

3. Press "Send" or "Talk" or "Enter" on your phone to dial that number.

4. If multiple codes are given, repeat steps 2 & 3 for each code. THIS IS IMPORTANT.

5. After following the steps above, try calling your mobile
phone from another phone and leave a voicemail. The message should appear in your GV inbox!

Wireless Carrier or Network ---> Activation Code

Verizon (CDMA network): *71[GVnumber] AND *90[GVnumber] AND *92[GVnumber] "

Last edited: