1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

Default cant download picture from text message

I had my friend send me a picture message and it gives a button to download but it always fails. Anyone else having thia issue? Forgive me if this was already brought up in another thread. I have tried restarting and turning on and off autoretrieve. I have full bars 3g and data and texting both working.

Default Re: cant download picture from text message

Same here!!!! but ony from my friends HTC inc.. If she put a tetxt with pic it comes tru.
    Its crazy.. Friends iphone pics come tru and buddys Droid X pics come tru.. Only HTC inc
    keeps failing
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeepzilla View Post
    Same here!!!! but ony from my friends HTC inc.. If she put a tetxt with pic it comes tru.
    Its crazy.. Friends iphone pics come tru and buddys Droid X pics come tru.. Only HTC inc
    keeps failing
    I got it to work on everyone's now except my one friend... who I believe also has the Droid Inc. At first nobody's would download, but I flipped between CDMA to CDMA/LTE and back to just CDMA and it worked for all but the 1 picture. I'm not in a 4G area yet.

I have the same problem!! I can ONLY receive pix from my friends iphone who has AT&T but not my mom's iphone even though we both have Verizon. I also switched to CDMA but it still doesn't work for me This is very frustrating if anyone knows a way to help me I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeNM84 View Post
    I had my friend send me a picture message and it gives a button to download but it always fails. Anyone else having thia issue? Forgive me if this was already brought up in another thread. I have tried restarting and turning on and off autoretrieve. I have full bars 3g and data and texting both working.
    Press on the picture in the text message until a popup window appears. Choose "save as attachment", and the picture will be saved in your picture gallery.

I have the same problem when people from Verizon send me pics. My other problem is no matter who I send picture messages to, it takes almost 8 hours to send... i just witnessed it twice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

Weird. I've had no issues since that first day. Haven't received many pictures except from my brother's LG Ally(Verizon) and they all load up just fine.

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

I had similar download issues then I starting having upload issues. But not on 3G, Im having issues with the Wifi.

I was uploading/MMS pictures all night on 4G, no issues. Went home and got on my wifi network and pictures would not send via SMS/MMS. 10 minutes and still had a "sending" next to the picture. Clicked off the Wifi, sent in less then a minute. WTF?

Reset my wifi, had friends send out stuff over Wifi with no issues. Restarted the phone. Still not sending. Finally i sent a pic and just let it sit there, 15 minutes later it worked.

This better not be the start of more issues, Ill loose my mind!!
    Last edited by kca2000; 12-26-2011 at 02:10 AM.