Force 2D Hardware Acceleration

MedioGringo

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
I just tried out the "force 2D hardware acceleration" option under the developer section in the settings menu. It fixed the massive lag I was getting in the Twitter app when scrolling thru tweets. Although it did cause Twitter to crash the first time I used it. Google Voice still lags, however.

Anyone else seeing improvement in smoothness in 3rd party apps with this option selected?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't use the offical twitter app, but I do use Google Voice. I've got 10 VMs in there now and experience no lag. Considering it's not really using any graphics enhanced items it sounds like it grabbing data and making it lag like that. How many VMs do you have in there?

For what it's worth I have yet to see my GN lag at all.

MedioGringo

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't use the offical twitter app, but I do use Google Voice. I've got 10 VMs in there now and experience no lag. Considering it's not really using any graphics enhanced items it sounds like it grabbing data and making it lag like that. How many VMs do you have in there?

For what it's worth I have yet to see my GN lag at all.

147. But it's just a list. I have way more than 147 contacts and that list is smoooooooth. I'm getting, I would say, about 10-12 frames per sec when scrolling, so it's really choppy. I'll delete some and report back.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Please do report back I would like to know if it's that or not. Wonder what that setting does for battery life?

MedioGringo

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Please do report back I would like to know if it's that or not. Wonder what that setting does for battery life?

Ok with 10 voice messages it's smoother, but it doesn't have to scroll much with only 10 - I think I actually deleted too many. Oh well, it was a nice experiment.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Humm, it may be caused by the delay to make sure it has the latest changes from your account online. I dunno, oh well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835