This is the first phone that makes my iPhone look like a dinosaur

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Says my fruitphone fanboy husband to me today while playing with my GNex on the couch! I think that pretty much sums it up right there. He's a die hard iPhone fan (and a big technogeek/programmer). I am laughing at this HUGE admission -- probably the biggest concession he's ever made in our 12 years of marriage. :)

Katherine

PS: I <3 my GNex!

PPS: DD <3 her Droid X (handed down from me)

PPPS: iPhone 4s intended as Xmas present to DD went back to Verizon today. :D

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: This is the first phone that makes my iPhone look like a dino

Actually I think they are BOTH awesome phones and neither of them make the other look bad, IMO.

The camera, battery life and browsing on the iPhone 4S seem to out perform the Nexus.

The bigger screen, custom ability and 4G weigh in favor of the Nexus.

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site

I would agree with you on all points except for the browsing. Android 4 browser is definitely an improvement over the iOS browser.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

I would agree with you on all points except for the browsing. Android 4 browser is definitely an improvement over the iOS browser.

Eh, they're even. There's no easy way to get back to the address bar on Android because of the notification bar, which is a big negative.

wassct

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Eh, they're even. There's no easy way to get back to the address bar on Android because of the notification bar, which is a big negative.

While your in the browser go into settings>labs>quick control and then once you're browsing touch your thumb on the screen, middle touch brings you right to the address bar. Couldn't be quicker! :eek:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dude9000

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

While your in the browser go into settings>labs>quick control and then once you're browsing touch your thumb on the screen, middle touch brings you right to the address bar. Couldn't be quicker! :eek:

Thanks! Makes it really easy to manage my tabs also.

dude9000

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

just noticed "full screen" mode under "labs". Takes away the notification bar. Sweet!

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

That's a joke right? All you have to do is scroll down a tiny bit (any movement down) and it brings up the address bar.

Yup, this ..

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

I feel that both iOS and Android were getting stale. They've added features, but neither has fundamentally changed in years. ICS is something new. Google didnt just open a window, they tore up the carpeting, repainted and bought new furniture. It makes me wonder if Apple will keep the iOS UX the same or take a leap forward with iOS 6. Im thinking leap, actually.

Reactions: dajobo

dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I feel that both iOS and Android were getting stale. They've added features, but neither has fundamentally changed in years. ICS is something new. Google didnt just open a window, they tore up the carpeting, repainted and bought new furniture. It makes me wonder if Apple will keep the iOS UX the same or take a leap forward with iOS 6. Im thinking leap, actually.

I couldn't agree more with this statement. Playing with this phone, it's still android, but some of the conventional and basic android elements are changed. It definitely feels like a giant step up.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

My mom got a Razr a few days before the GN came out because the salesman recommended it. I warned her about some of the issues I had seen in the Razr forum here. So today she is going to take it back and try to get a GN. I showed mine to my wife and she was like... meh, she's not into tech stuff at all her phone is a LG Cosmos which she claims still makes calls and that's all she needs.

So when is your husband going to get a GN?

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't agree more with this statement. Playing with this phone, it's still android, but some of the conventional and basic android elements are changed. It definitely feels like a giant step up.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

That's why I think 4.0 is the perfect version for first time users to jump in.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Z Fury

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

That's why I think 4.0 is the perfect version for first time users to jump in.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I know I'm loving mine thus far. My first experience with Android was 2 weeks prior when my g/f picked up a free Atrix 2 (AT&T) running Gingerbread. I'm jealous of her signal strength, but prefer mine in every other aspect thus far. I honestly thought I'd miss the 4th button at the bottom on the Nexus, but I'm navigating just fine as it sits.

I still have a lot to learn on both platforms though, but it is a blast learning new tech. :cool:

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

I disagree. I like the features and setup of ICS's browser, but iOS's is more refined and less buggy. Web pages also look nicer on iOS. I was hoping Google would have spent more time fixing the browser for ICS but they didn't. Though it's still usable and that's really my only complaint about this phone.

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site

I actually found Boat Browser to be faster to render pages than the ICS browser and I use that instead.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad