How To Get XP To See Nexus??

JayMSY

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I have installed made sure Windows Media Player 11 has been installed and my XP SP3 laptop will not see the Nexus.

I somehow was able to get my main desktop to see it but can't seem to get this laptop, which I need since it is my "dj" computer. I need to be able to transfer files from the phone to this laptop.

How can I install the MTP drivers?

I am stumped.

Thanks for any advice.

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I have installed made sure Windows Media Player 11 has been installed and my XP SP3 laptop will not see the Nexus.

I somehow was able to get my main desktop to see it but can't seem to get this laptop, which I need since it is my "dj" computer. I need to be able to transfer files from the phone to this laptop.

How can I install the MTP drivers?

I am stumped.

Thanks for any advice.

Install THESE, if you haven't already, and sync using Windows Media Player 11

Reactions: JayMSY

JayMSY

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks I'll try that link.

How do I "sync" using WMP11?

On my main desktop the Nexus came up in windows explorer and I could easily copy/paste files to it and really need to be able to do the same here except vice versa that way I can DL music/videos using wifi and then transfer them via Windows Explorer to the DJ hard drive.

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks I'll try that link.

How do I "sync" using WMP11?

On my main desktop the Nexus came up in windows explorer and I could easily copy/paste files to it and really need to be able to do the same here except vice versa that way I can DL music/videos using wifi and then transfer them via Windows Explorer to the DJ hard drive.

When you open WMP you should see a screen with 3 tabs in the upper right corner. Click the "Sync" tab and you should see your Nexus listed. Drag the files you want into the area on the right that says: "Drag items here to create a list to sync." Once you have the items you want click the "Start Sync" button toward the top of the tab.

JayMSY

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
THANK YOU Iceman!!!!! That worked.

It helps to have the correct drivers. :) I couldn't find them to save my life on the Samsung site. I must be blind, then again it is 3:43am and I've been up since 11am.

Thank you again!

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
THANK YOU Iceman!!!!! That worked.

It helps to have the correct drivers. :) I couldn't find them to save my life on the Samsung site. I must be blind, then again it is 3:43am and I've been up since 11am.

Thank you again!

You are very welcome! :)