Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Iceman0803
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How To Get XP To See Nexus??

I have installed made sure Windows Media Player 11 has been installed and my XP SP3 laptop will not see the Nexus.

I somehow was able to get my main desktop to see it but can't seem to get this laptop, which I need since it is my "dj" computer. I need to be able to transfer files from the phone to this laptop.

How can I install the MTP drivers?

I am stumped.

Thanks for any advice.

Default Re: How To Get XP To See Nexus??

Quote Originally Posted by JayMSY View Post
    I have installed made sure Windows Media Player 11 has been installed and my XP SP3 laptop will not see the Nexus.

I somehow was able to get my main desktop to see it but can't seem to get this laptop, which I need since it is my "dj" computer. I need to be able to transfer files from the phone to this laptop.

How can I install the MTP drivers?

I am stumped.

Thanks for any advice.
    Install , if you haven't already, and sync using Windows Media Player 11
    Thanked by:
    JayMSY 
    JayMSY likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks I'll try that link.

How do I "sync" using WMP11?

On my main desktop the Nexus came up in windows explorer and I could easily copy/paste files to it and really need to be able to do the same here except vice versa that way I can DL music/videos using wifi and then transfer them via Windows Explorer to the DJ hard drive.

Thanks I'll try that link.

How do I "sync" using WMP11?

On my main desktop the Nexus came up in windows explorer and I could easily copy/paste files to it and really need to be able to do the same here except vice versa that way I can DL music/videos using wifi and then transfer them via Windows Explorer to the DJ hard drive.
    When you open WMP you should see a screen with 3 tabs in the upper right corner. Click the "Sync" tab and you should see your Nexus listed. Drag the files you want into the area on the right that says: "Drag items here to create a list to sync." Once you have the items you want click the "Start Sync" button toward the top of the tab.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

THANK YOU Iceman!!!!! That worked.

It helps to have the correct drivers. I couldn't find them to save my life on the Samsung site. I must be blind, then again it is 3:43am and I've been up since 11am.

Thank you again!

THANK YOU Iceman!!!!! That worked.

It helps to have the correct drivers. I couldn't find them to save my life on the Samsung site. I must be blind, then again it is 3:43am and I've been up since 11am.

Thank you again!
    You are very welcome!