Odd Battery Charging? Spike in charge.

jkman

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody else experienced this?

This is the 3nd full cycle for the battery and I accidentally let the phone completely die (again, lol). After sticking it back on the charger and turning it on (immediately), the battery shows a 50% charge.

...is it really at 50%? This is the second time its happened.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I don't have the GNex, but I understand you can take a screenshot if you press the on/off button and the bottom (lowering volume) of the volume rocker simultaneously. No need for external cameras.

GreyDroid1591

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Had one episode of same thing. Last I looked at the battery it read 18%, next thing I know the screen went black ( a very few minutes later) with no warning. I was in the middle of something so I plugged it in and rebooted right away. When the home screen came back up the battery meter showed 64% and charging

That was right out of the box. My first thought was: No battery stats saved in the phone yet, once it builds some cache it won't happen again. It hasn't (and I haven't let it die again) and I had forgotten all about it until I saw your thread.

I may let it die again tonight just to see what happens. I am hoping the phone has learned more about the battery and will 1. give me a warning before it shuts down and 2. be more accurate with the battery meter when it reboots.

JM
Stock unrooted (so far)

EDIT: Just looked at your screen shot. I can tell you one thing - there is no way I am getting 10 hours use from one charge. Right now I am using the phone a lot getting it setup the way I want it, but if I let it die tonight I am sure it will be well short of 10 hours.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton