1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Default Nexus early upgrade?

My upgrade is due in march 2012. Will vzw honor that now? I'd love to get my meatclaws on a nexus
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD

Default Re: Nexus early upgrade?

Doubt it, but doesnt hurt to try. My upgrade date is the 29th of this month, and they wouldnt budge on it.

One thing I've recently learned about VZW is across the board the CSR's are inconsistent with what they are willing to do and not do. Bad thing is though, just about all of them seem like they love to leave comments on your account about your conversation which gives you a disadvantage when speaking to other reps. Good luck
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

I don't see why they wouldn't let you upgrade early. I understand everyone can bend the rules a little bit here and there. I mean come on... VZW just makes sure they put you in the slammer for another two years. Right?!
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

I'm in the same boat...march 2012. Tried the Amazon $199.99 deal but reached the check for eligible step and was denied. Cr told me maybe within two month can do it. Any one else have any luck with this?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Quote Originally Posted by st0ic_1 View Post
    One thing I've recently learned about VZW is across the board the CSR's are inconsistent with what they are willing to do and not do. Bad thing is though, just about all of them seem like they love to leave comments on your account about your conversation which gives you a disadvantage when speaking to other reps. Good luck
    Snitches get stitches. Thats my motto. Always hatin on the paying customer.
    Snitches get stitches

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Everyone is eligible for an early upgrade if you have the old phone for at least 12 months. And if you are 1 week away from the end of your 1st anniversay, it's fine. There is a $20 of early upgrade fees to be applied on the phone. That's how I got my Nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by sicario666 View Post
    My upgrade is due in march 2012. Will vzw honor that now? I'd love to get my meatclaws on a nexus
    Mine was also March 2012, I called customer service the day the phone came out asked for an upgrade and they did it over the phone. Shipped on Thursday and my Nexus will be here on Monday (thanks for not working on saturdays Fedex) I'd say just keep calling until you get a friendly rep. I was schmoozing big time though lol

I called the night before release to see about moving my upgrade up two weeks so I could purchase the phone on launch day. The CSR said that she did not know yet if the phone would be classified as a phone they could do this for and that she would follow up with me the next day.

Launch day rolled around and I headed into a Verizon retail store to try my luck - was immediately shot down on the early upgrade for the Nexus by the rep I was working with. I left dejected .

Later that day I received the call back from the CSR at Verizon I had spoken with the previous night - and magically she got my upgrade moved up for me! I was obviously thrilled.

Phone arrived today via FedEx .

I figure I got kind of lucky and I was only two weeks out - but its possible, just call up and give them your best story and sound super excited. See what happens. Good luck!

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

my update was for january 15, they said if the phone had come out even 1 day earlier they wouldn't of let me upgrade

...the CSR said that the manager override can only push you up by a max of 1 month

Quote Originally Posted by mkhalil06 View Post
    my update was for january 15, they said if the phone had come out even 1 day earlier they wouldn't of let me upgrade

...the CSR said that the manager override can only push you up by a max of 1 month
    BS. Mine was for March and now my Nexus is in the mail. Proof you just need to keep calling and getting different reps.

Interestingly enough, I went in fully prepared to pay full retail for this phone, and when the guy went to ring it up it gave me the upgrade price. My upgrade didn't come up until April of 2012. We both decided to not question it.

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by llasch View Post
    BS. Mine was for March and now my Nexus is in the mail. Proof you just need to keep calling and getting different reps.
    it could be BS ...but I wasn't in a position to argue with her she was giving me the upgrade..

i have pulled major stunts in the past with verizon (and other companies for that matter)

for ex. I returned my xoom 6 months after I got it, got a full refund and the line was disconnected w/o an ETF...

...guess you just have to play your cards right
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

I rolled into a local store to test my luck too. Of course they couldn't do anything for me but recommended I call CS to see if they can do something for me. When I was there I was amazed with the device. Stood there with my jaw on the floor. I'm trying to get through today to talk to a rep. Of course they are experiencing a high volume of calls.
    I had a buddy that worked for Verizon and he said that customer service is willing and will do more for the customer than they will for store employees
    Snitches get stitches

Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!!!

i got them to move my upgrade by 11 months. wasn't do for upgrade til nov 2012, got them to let me upgrade 2 days ago, got the gnex, glad i did. its all in who you talk to on the cs.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

How much is the upgrade price? I have an iPhone now. I miss android so much. I wanna get back into it. I sold my bionic a while back cuz I just wasn't happy with it. Then the razr came out. Now the nexus.
    Snitches get stitches
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Ok... Good news. Just called and I will have my device in 2 days. Good ol customer service! Yes. 2year pricing.
    Snitches get stitches