Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Contacts on Google Talk for Android (ICS)

Is there any way for all your ONLINE contacts to show on Google Talk for Android on ICS?

On Display Options when I choose All Friends.. (everyone shows up including those idling) unfortunately so do all those who are not online.

If you choose Availability (Most popular friends) only certain friends show up.
    Many of those who are idling do not show up.

Is there a way to choose ALL FRIENDS (regardless if they are idling or not) and take off those friends who are OFFLINE?

Thanks!

ROM
    stock

Default Re: Contacts on Google Talk for Android (ICS)

No, no other way to do it. It displays all friends by status - the online ones first, idle ones next, and offline ones last.

Hi
    sorry to dig up an old thread. I am using galaxy S2 with ics. My problem is that all contacts show up, but they are not sorted based on availability and rather sorted alphabetically.

Which means i have to scroll down the entire list to see who is online.do you know if there is a Workaround?

Thanks
    Vj

If you go into the menu, Click on "Display Options" and you should be able to sort them by availability.

If I do that then it goes back to popular friends and not all contacs. That is where I am stuck.

In addition to S2 I have a tab 10.1 too, previously in that I was able to sort all friends based on availability. But recently I sent it for a warranty repair where they did a factory reset. Now I have the same issue in that too.

VJ

Do all your contacts have Gmail or G+? I think Talk only works for those contacts who are on Gmail or G+. I have a bunch of contacts with other e-mails who don't show up.

It takes a little while, but I just found that by starting a conversation with everyone in your contact list, they will then all show up when you sort by availability