bluetooth music streaming problem

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Now I can make and receive calls through bluetooth on 2 different Bluetooth headsets, jabra 2040 and Motorola command one as well as my Kenwood stereo in my truck but I can not stream audio on any of these devices from my nexus. I have used them with other devices so i know it works.
I have read about people having bt issues but come on now......nothing working?

Maybe I am over looking a setting or something on this phone? Can anyone suggest something to try?

Thanks

mitra88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I used to have the same problem on the day 1 (I think I posted about this here before). It, however, mysteriously solved on the next day. The only thing I did over night was rebooting the phone (on day 1, I was right after 4.0.2 update. The problem was up at that time. After I rebooted the phone one more time that night, Bluetooth audio streaming was perfectly fine!!!???). I am still not quite sure what was causing the issue, though. I would suggest you to reboot your phone if you haven't yet. At least, there is nothing to lose in doing so. :D

J_calahan

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having problems with a Bluetooth car stereo? My gnex paired just fine (media and phone) with my 2010 tundra, however it opens and plays music automatically as soon as it connects. I'm running douletwist and there is no setting anywhere to auto play. I searched a few other forums and it looks like this isn't the only android phone that does this but I can't find a fix. Anyone?

mitra88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having problems with a Bluetooth car stereo? My gnex paired just fine (media and phone) with my 2010 tundra, however it opens and plays music automatically as soon as it connects. I'm running douletwist and there is no setting anywhere to auto play. I searched a few other forums and it looks like this isn't the only android phone that does this but I can't find a fix. Anyone?

I am not sure what music player app you are using. However, it doesn't sound like normal. I have never had that kind of issue with any phone of mine so far. Also, while searching for the answer of my own bluetooth issue from 12/15 to 12/16, I have not seen any post reporting this kind of issue. Maybe you might want to try uninstalling your music player app and reinstall it, if you are using a 3rd party app.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I have rebooted and still nothing, if it is playing when the phone connects then it stops playing out the phones speaker and goes dead. Yet the song shows it is paying on the phone.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have rebooted and still nothing, if it is playing when the phone connects then it stops playing out the phones speaker and goes dead. Yet the song shows it is paying on the phone.

I havent had an issue streaming over bluetooth. Try starting from scratch and pair everything again. With my car, the stereo is discoverable and i have to scan for it from my phone. You may have done the opposite. Not sure it would make a difference, just a thought.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
OK both headsets work since the reboot, I forgot to say that yesterday but still a no go with the stereo, I have removed it on the phone and stereo and started again several times and still nothing.

I went and ordered a new stereo (different kenwood model) to see if that is the problem. Maybe the Bluetooth is bad in the deck? It did give an error with my charge once and a while but I read that was due to the deck trying to read the contacts from the phone and it looking for them on the sim card and mine is stored with Google.

Deathshead

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Mine is working excellent here paired to a dual brand headunit.

Coming from a Droid x where I had to CONSTANTLY turn bluetooth on and off for it to connect
the Nexus is seemless.

Now, to find a "good" car dock...

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I had trouble connecting to my moto rockr s9-HD. I kept trying and it eventually connected. Really don't know why the trouble.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Apparently the 4.0.3 update that's coming soon will have bluetooth fixes. You may want to hang tight and see if that helps things.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
The phone does connect and I can make calls with it but no music will stream. It does show it playing the music just no sound.

Hopefully the update fixes it and I can return the stereo I ordered.

Brad Staley

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Pairs fine, plays fine, calls fine. But after a call it auto plays music from the phones media player. I'm using Galaxy s3 on a 2013 tundra. How did you solve this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty