Why CAN I still use 3g interwebs on my OG Droid?

Jimistixx

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
... still use 3g interwebs on my OG Droid?

I got my Nexus about 4 hours ago. It's doing it's initial charge from nothing (seemed to take a good while to go down from 50%).

Just for the heck of it, I look at the Droid, and, while I can't make a call/text, I can stii use 3g data.
I'm typing this on the Droid now. Nexus is powered on, charging with the screen off.

Anyone know why?
Definitely not on wifi. Not gonna power cycle, cause I fear it'll be gone.

Jimistixx

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Nope.
That's why I'm afraid to turn it off, figure it'll just go dead after that.

Loving the Nexus so far, just gotta find a store with a micro usb to hdmi adapter. Does it have to be MHL, or whatever? Are ALL micro usb to hdmi connectors MHL?
Guess that's for the accessories board.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
It happens. My OG Droid still had data when I switched to the HTC Thunderbolt. I believe it went away when I turned off the Droid and back on.

Jimistixx

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
haha.
At least it gives me something to do as to not disturb the nexy during its initial charge from nothing. Hard to keep my hands off it.
Even after playing with it for only about an hour, its hard to go back to the Ol' OG!

Jimistixx

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Yours survived a reboot? Awesome!

And scary... Big Red better not be trying to charge us for this. Hope no errors in the upgrade process...

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
My Droid Incredible still worked when I left Verizon after I activated the Nexus. I told the employee. She checked to make sure everything was ok. It was.

I can still, days later, surf the net on my Dinc. Can't make calls though.

Jimistixx

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Hope mine works that way.
The GF will be happy. She can surf on the Droid while I'm enjoying the new precious.
Regardless, the Nexus is coming back to life (0-100% in 80min. -not bad!), so...

POUR ONE OUT FOR THE LAST POST on an aging, 2 year old, OG!

She's served me well!

abausch

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I had 3G on my OG Droid for about 6 or 7 hours after I bought my NP. It's gone now, but I was worried that Verizon was going to double charge me. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay