Stopped letting me transfer files.

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been going through the slow process of transferring stuff to the GN, and it's been halting every once and a while and saying that it cant copy, which makes me have to reconnect it for it to work again, but now that doesn't even fix it. Any idea what's going on?

mitra88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I believe some of other forum users, including myself, also suffered that issue before. In my case, it mysteriously solved by itself after I USED THE OEM SAMSUNG USB CABLE, instead of generic cable, and REBOOTED MY PHONE ONCE MORE. It was just my case, though. Try it and let me know.

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I also had trouble moving things over. Every so often it would just stall out while moving stuff over. When a reconnect didn't fix it a reboot did. It took maybe 2 reconnects and 3 reboots for me to move everything. I thought it was my comp cause it kept asking me to switch USB ports.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I believe some of other forum users, including myself, also suffered that issue before. In my case, it mysteriously solved by itself after I USED THE OEM SAMSUNG USB CABLE, instead of generic cable, and REBOOTED MY PHONE ONCE MORE. It was just my case, though. Try it and let me know.

I've been using the Samsung cable and have rebooted, but still nothing.

iclickjohn

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
On another forum someone said they solved this issue by copy and paste. I'm not sure if they meant apposed to dragging. Give it a try and see if he was right. I'll be transferring some songs tonight but can't get on my computer for a while.

revickulous2001

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you are running Samsung's latest drivers. New ones were released with the 4.0.2 update. If you are having difficulty installing them, try installing the Windows/Mac software "pdanet." This will automate a lot of the process for you.

If you are running Windows 7, you should have no issues so long as your drivers are good. If you're running an older version of Windows 7, however, you might struggle with ICS' file transfer protocol.

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
On another forum someone said they solved this issue by copy and paste. I'm not sure if they meant apposed to dragging. Give it a try and see if he was right. I'll be transferring some songs tonight but can't get on my computer for a while.

Just tried copy and pasting and it's working so far. Ty sir.

Jesse C

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Change the file to no file extension. eg. if it is file.zip just change it to file

then copy and paste it and change the extension after

Karim Mohamed1

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
It is either a corrupt file. (If it's a compressed file, open with winrar and if it gets any errors it's corrupt) Just copy over any file, (You can use notepad to just write a few letters to a .txt file then copy it, if it copies, then your original files are corrupt.
If it doesn't copy, re install your USB port driver (You can also just test another USB MTP device)
Try using PTP, rebooting, and trying again.
Use a different cable. Roll back to a previous rom (Not necessary but try anyways).
Tell me if this fixes anything :)
Also try using your phone with another computer, also switch cables while using that other computer to see if that's an issue. if it works then it's a computer related problem that should probably be fixed by re installing your usb port drivers or re installing windows (bit drastic but its a last resort)

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Rebooting your computer may solve the issue as well. I typically copy stuff back and forth via ADB since its more reliable, but I'm a little bit of a geek too.

Neptik

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
This just happened to me while trying to move a rom to the root of my sd card. None of the suggestions work, But thank you guys for your thoughts and hard work trying to figure this out. Now what i did was simply created a new folder, dragged my zip file into that folder.. Then moved the folder to the root of the sd with no problem.

Neptik

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
One more thing, dont remember seeing it.. but if stated then excuse the duplicate.. make sure that the file isnt corrupted. That can be a big factor.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca