will we ever get an official google wallet app?

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Do you think verizon will ever let this see the light of day? Its seems so blatantly anticompetitive to not allow an app that is a direct competitor to something your trying to get off the ground....how can it be legal to effectively block it? It kills me that their is a perfectly good working app that im dying to use and i got to hack my damn phone to do it. Ahhhhhhhhhh! I know a lot of you dont care about wallet....but it was one of the main things i was looking forward to.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I think we'll have it on our phones, but we'll probably have to wait a bit. I wanted to try it out, but I don't have a credit card that is supported by Google Wallet and I don't really want to use a prepaid Google card, so I don't care for the time being. Oh well.

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
No, you will never see Google Wallet on the Verizon Nexus without root. Verizon has partnered with another company to provide NFC payment options, ISIS, that they will be able generate their own revenue through however, and you will see that on the phone in the near future.

Tapatalk

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
No, you will never see Google Wallet on the Verizon Nexus without root. Verizon has partnered with another company to provide NFC payment options, ISIS, that they will be able generate their own revenue through however, and you will see that on the phone in the near future.

Tapatalk

Ditto...

anon(512898)

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

Tapatalk

I'd be inclined to agree with you, but 6 months ago I didn't think verizon would ever get a nexus, so who knows what will happen with this.

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
i know isis is coming....wil they be partnered with paypass? Paypass is everywhere and makes wallet,which is here now very convenient. Ill probably just wait till the devs work out the kinks with the wallet port, root and install it.....but i shouldnt have to. I should be buying my gas tomorrow with my gnex.

anon(512898)

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
i know isis is coming....wil they be partnered with paypass? Paypass is everywhere and makes wallet,which is here now very convenient. Ill probably just wait till the devs work out the kinks with the wallet port, root and install it.....but i shouldnt have to. I should be buying my gas tomorrow with my gnex.

According to this isis should work with paypass and be compatible with any major credit cards instead of just mastercard. As bad as many carrier services are, this may be one instance where they actually have the best option

th0r615

god of thunder.
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

Tapatalk
I used to agree with this train of thought. However it sounds pretty anti-competitive and kinda illegal.

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
According to this isis should work with paypass and be compatible with any major credit cards instead of just mastercard. As bad as many carrier services are, this may be one instance where they actually have the best option

Thats sounds great but when.....and will the nfc technology in the gnex be compatible. The article talks about a lack of isis compatible hardware....and again when?

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I used to agree with this train of thought. However it sounds pretty anti-competitive and kinda illegal.

That was part of my point in the first post....how can they do this without regulators breathing down their neck.....let me have wallet, and if your product is better....believe me ill use it

anon(512898)

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Thats sounds great but when.....and will the nfc technology in the gnex be compatible. The article talks about a lack of isis compatible hardware....and again when?

I have no clue about hardware, but it goes into a limited trial in Salt Lake and Austin next year, they have not yet announced when it could expand beyond that though.

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
No, you will never see Google Wallet on the Verizon Nexus without root.

I'm NOT rooted and I have Google Wallet installed on my (LTE Verizon Nexus) phone as we speak:

Screenshot_2011-12-17-20-42-06.png

Stop waiting guys...go get it yourselves. Remember, Verizon can't slow us down, for we are owners of the NEXUS!

[APP] Google Wallet (Flash: 1.1-R41v8-lukegb, APK: ???-NPS_CA) [16/12/2011] - Page 35 - xda-developers
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Brandon

Last edited:

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm NOT rooted and I have Google Wallet installed on my phone as we speak:

Click to view quoted image

Stop waiting guys...go get it yourselves. Remember, Verizon can't slow us down, for we are owners of the NEXUS!

[APP] Google Wallet (Flash: 1.1-R41v8-lukegb, APK: ???-NPS_CA) [16/12/2011] - Page 35 - xda-developers
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Brandon
I just saw this in the other thread.....installed it and ran to the store to try it out....my wife is now eating a twix on googles ten bucks.....happy camper here!

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Alright not to sound like a total noob here....well too late! I'm new to the android party and am not used to all of the terminology used in the XDA instructions...can anyone help me with this? I can download the files needed just fine. How do i reboot into recovery mode? And what the heck is a nandroid backup? I really wanna learn this stuff as I'm really good at playing with stuff on BlackBerry but its a little confusing to me..Thanks for any help!

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Alright not to sound like a total noob here....well too late! I'm new to the android party and am not used to all of the terminology used in the XDA instructions...can anyone help me with this? I can download the files needed just fine. How do i reboot into recovery mode? And what the heck is a nandroid backup? I really wanna learn this stuff as I'm really good at playing with stuff on BlackBerry but its a little confusing to me..Thanks for any help!

There is a new apk that works without root or flashing. Just install like another app. I'm not rooted and it works for me. Just make sure you go into settings--> security--> check the box for allowing unknown sources (like you would if you wanted to use amazon app store).

Go Here and download the version in the first box. Works great for me right now. I'm going to check out how well it works at target today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech