Best Browser for ICS?

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Not a huge fan of the stock browser and how it handles tabs. Unfortunately, Dolphin Browser seems not to like ICS and force closes a lot.

What are you guys using?

I have been using Chrome almost exclusively since it was released. It has worked really well for me. Prior to that I was using ICS Browser + or whatever their name has morphed into now.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I was also using chrome since the release. Only issue i have had is copy and paste does not seem to work for me all the time. I use it alot but maybe its been updated since i last used it. I reverted back to the stock browser. If this is not a major issue for you chrome otherwise is amazing. Loads pages crazy fast!

+1 for chrome outside stock

Undertoad

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
just one complaint i have...when i go to web pages, it doesnt automatically fit the page to the screen, i have to zoom out to align it. or turn it sideways for a better view but i dont always like to turn it.

Double-tap the text to size it for the screen. It's better than page sizing... it's just the text, the part you want to read! Awesome (kinda hidden) Chrome feature!

Canuckfan

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I use ICS browser +, the quick access buttons are a necessity that I just can't do without anymore, they're so useful. Once chrome comes out with quick access buttons I'll switch to chrome.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
+1 (Both ICS Browser+ and Quick ICS Browser are pretty similar). Can't live without quick control buttons. Makes full-screen that much more functional. Hopefully they plan to implement this into Chrome in the future.

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
am i the only one happy with the stock browser? there is only one thing i dont like about it, and that is the way it renders pages. it is still fully functional, just looks weird when fully zoomed out, which i usually never do. double tap the text i want to read and it snaps to it and i am good to go.

I tried Chrome. I REALLY like it. it seems slightly faster and smoother than stock, however i dont like how it doesn't have FLASH...there are still some sites i visit that i need flash. and i HATE how the bookmarks are handled. i never know where it will start me off when I go into the bookmarks, sometimes it is right where i want to be (RARE!!), most times i have to go back to the beginning and go through my folders. it gets annoying. And i really miss my quick controls. they are a great thing to have and a very quick way to access anything i want.

they just need to combine the two browsers and i would be super happy. maybe JB will do that.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Can someone post the Google Play link for me. I have the screen density turned up on my nexus and it won't display when I search for it. Toss you a free thanks!

Dropped from LiquidNexus via XparentTapatalk2

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
chrome = no flash = no use. half the i load is full of flash videos and embedded music players. it's a PITA using 2 browsers, so i only use Opera Mobile now. Waiting for the new Opera Mobile/Mini to come out of beta or for chrome to add flash. chrome is so fast... cant deal with not having flash tho.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
chrome = no flash = no use. half the i load is full of flash videos and embedded music players. it's a PITA using 2 browsers, so i only use Opera Mobile now. Waiting for the new Opera Mobile/Mini to come out of beta or for chrome to add flash. chrome is so fast... cant deal with not having flash tho.

I tried chrome and didnt like it either. I'm sticking with ICS browser+

Dropped from LiquidNexus via XparentTapatalk2

Undertoad

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Just FYI Adobe is no longer supporting Flash on mobile devices - which is why it's not in Android Chrome. The technology is not long for this world.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
FYI to u chrome does have some flash ability not that much but DOLPHIN has FULL FLASH ability so does the stock browser lol u just have to get the flash app in the market for free duhh people lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol