Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jafels
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why can't I find bookmarks on browser?

I can set them but not find em.
    Thanked by:
    jafels 

Default Re: Why can't I find bookmarks on browser?

tap on the windows thingy beside the menu dots....bookmarks is at the top
    mojo2971 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Not on mine. I've got refresh, forward and add to bookmarks.

thats the menu....the icon directly to the left of that will show u all the pages u have open or whatever....at the top of that page is a bookmark icon
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

to the left of that.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Ok, thanks. It's a 2 stepper.

were all relearning android
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I thought ICS was going to be instintive, or something like that. Call me crazy but that's hard to find.

I use the full screen deal in the lab options but it's still two steps. No biggie, if it's annoying, I'll switch to dolphin. That's the beauty of android. If you're not a fan, change it.

I'm still flabbergasted at the fact that you have to take 2 steps to get to your bookmarks in the browser. There's got to be a bookmark shortcut that you can have at the top of the browser, right?

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Wish I could find a single step solution because the way its laid out is not very good in my opinion.

Need to check out the lab options and see what all that can do .

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

I dont really use bookmarks on a daily basis. I only use them to save pages I might forget or to make shortcut icons for my homescreens to certain pages, like my online banking sign in, for example. For me two steps doesnt really matter.

Im not liking the two step access to bookmarks either. Id happilly sacrifice a little of the address bar to have an extra button up there.

If you go into settings -> labs and enable quick control, you can more quickly get into your bookmarks. It a bit better IMO. You kind of need to fool with it to get the movement correct, but it does make it quicker to get there.

Global Posts
    676 Global Posts

I agree that this is not as seamless as it should be, a step down from the previous method.

Another loss for me is that you can just drag down the page and see the address bar with the reload icon. I often want to reload a page and you have to go through a few hops to get to that function.

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Put the bookmarks on your "desktop" all in one folder. That would take out the steps of opening browser, hitting the windows button, then selecting bookmarks, then selecting the bookmark. A little more direct with shortcuts/bookmarks all in a folder on the home screen.
    Thanked by:

Took me a min to figure it out but once I did no problem. I love the incognito window

Quote Originally Posted by Foyt20 View Post
    Put the bookmarks on your "desktop" all in one folder. That would take out the steps of opening browser, hitting the windows button, then selecting bookmarks, then selecting the bookmark. A little more direct with shortcuts/bookmarks all in a folder on the home screen.
    I'd really like to see a Speed Dial page in the browser that can be setup as the home page, but putting your bookmarks in one folder on a home page works well for now.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Global Posts
    676 Global Posts

There is also the bookmarks widget, which is scrollable, if you don't mind using up a bit of screen real estate.

ROM
    stock

Bookmarks can also be accessed by long-pressing the back button while in the browser

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by iBowToAndroid View Post
    Bookmarks can also be accessed by long-pressing the back button while in the browser
    This. I was actually surprised that it took this long for it to be posted. In other news, my data usage shot up 5x because of 4G.

ROM
    CM10 JellyBro | Franco M5

I wish the quick access shortcuts (enabled through Labs) included a bookmarks shortcut. But long pressing the back button works well enough for now.