Is there a way to show the battery percentage up top next to the battery icon?

..the icon itself doesnt give much information
    12-18-2011 12:03 AM
    You'll need a widget instead....circle battery widget is beloved my many.
    12-18-2011 12:08 AM
    I was hoping this would finally be a stock option in ICS.

But yea, a widget is your best bet, if you don't have root or want to.
    12-18-2011 12:55 AM
    I haven't looked for long, but does anyone know of any mods that can add this? Battery percentage is one of the things I miss most about CM7. I've already flashed Android Revolution Hd, a launcher mod, and a power menu and auto brightness mod. Can't wait for CM9 to come out...
    12-18-2011 01:01 AM
    12-18-2011 01:04 AM
    I've seen a lot of these in other threads, but I'm looking for a replacement to the normal battery indicator. Something like the percentage option in Cyanogenmod or MIUI. Plus those have a constant ongoing notification.

EDIT: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1375575

That does exactly what I want. About to do a backup and try to install it. If I don't report back you should assume it worked.
    12-18-2011 01:09 AM
    I've seen a lot of these in other threads, but I'm looking for a replacement to the normal battery indicator. Something like the percentage option in Cyanogenmod or MIUI. Plus those have a constant ongoing notification.

EDIT: 1% Battery Mod for Deodexed ROM`s - Update 16.12. for ICL53F - xda-developers

That does exactly what I want. About to do a backup and try to install it. If I don't report back you should assume it worked.
    I don't think you can replace the stock battery icon unless you are rooted. I wanted the same thing.
    12-18-2011 01:49 AM
    I don't think you can replace the stock battery icon unless you are rooted. I wanted the same thing.
    You're correct you can not. I just forgot not all people root, but hopefully this helps anyone who is rooted and looking for something to do this. It also optionally adds a search button which I find really useful.
    12-19-2011 12:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD