Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Default Why does Verizon Love Moto so much

I went in to get my new Nexus and the whole time the store associate was trying to get me to switch to the Razr. I was just thinking that Verizon always seemed to throw its money behind Moto products. Why does it seem that Moto always seems to get top draw on the verizon shelves and other phones never get any love. HTC gets a little but Samsung gets very little even though their Galaxy line is the best selling of the android line up. I just was wondering why this is and if it was going to change. I did get my Nexus and love ICS, but I was thinking did anyone else get this treatment like I made a mistake for going with the Nexus and not the bionic or the Razr.

Thanks

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Why does Verizon Love Moto so much

simple corporate math

Profit Margin Moto > Profit Margin Samsung
    Thanked by 3:
    hyperdude likes this.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by apcman View Post
    I went in to get my new Nexus and the whole time the store associate was trying to get me to switch to the Razr. I was just thinking that Verizon always seemed to throw its money behind Moto products. Why does it seem that Moto always seems to get top draw on the verizon shelves and other phones never get any love. HTC gets a little but Samsung gets very little even though their Galaxy line is the best selling of the android line up. I just was wondering why this is and if it was going to change. I did get my Nexus and love ICS, but I was thinking did anyone else get this treatment like I made a mistake for going with the Nexus and not the bionic or the Razr.

Thanks
    They have a strong biz partnership, if you notice almost every moto phone comes with a Droid branding which is verizons thing. I am sure that samsung isnt as willing to allow the Droid brand to be slapped on their phones.

Another example of Verizons biz practices can be seen with windows phone OS. VZW had a big disaster with the Kin phone and ever since then VZW locked arms with Android and distanced itself with windows. Just my observations anyway
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

did anyone else get this treatment like I made a mistake for going with the Nexus and not the bionic or the Razr.
    I exchanged a RAZR for the Galaxy Nexus, and the associate didn't say anything to me about it.

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

Its simple, the droid branding makes verizon alot of money

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

I was asked why I wanted to wait for this phone (3 weeks ago) when I could have a Razr now

You know who else loves Moto? Google. They bought them. Maybe something good will come of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaz View Post
    You know who else loves Moto? Google. They bought them. Maybe something good will come of it.
    This is what people should be excited about. Moto hardware with top tier software.

Global Posts
    1,461 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Is it safe to assume, even though they deny it, that Nexus devices will eventually be Motorolas?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Thanks
    The guy that worked with me when I purchased my Nexus didn't try to get me to purchase any of the other phones offered by VZW. In fact at the time I was purchasing the phone, he commented on how nice the phone was and how much he likes ICS.

As for VZW seeming to favor Motorola, I think that is probably true. But, we need to remember the only reason they do that is because of $$$$$$$

If they weren't making oodles of money on Motorola devices, they wouldn't pay very much attention to them.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by 0pusX View Post
    Is it safe to assume, even though they deny it, that Nexus devices will eventually be Motorolas?
    I think it is.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post

As for VZW seeming to favor Motorola, I think that is probably true. But, we need to remember the only reason they do that is because of $$$$$$$

If they weren't making oodles of money on Motorola devices, they wouldn't pay very much attention to them.
    I would agree, Motorola really were the leaders especially after the original Razr. So it made sense for them to partner up and start the droid line together
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

We can only hope for a Nexus Motorola device with an unlocked bootloader... though the buzz is that Google primarily bought Motorola for their patents and intellectual property that will protect them from Apple, who seems to be suing everyone for patent infringement.
    a little obsessive...

Global Posts
    872 Global Posts

Sometimes manufacturers offer salepeople spiffs (bonus) for every device sold. If you're good at your job, these spiffs can add up fast.
    Premium1 likes this.

Global Posts
    7,620 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I agree vzw really loves motor probably for reasons mentioned above.
    When I was getting my nexus I overheard another person ask the vzw rep if they was giving out ice cream sandwiches with the nexus the vzw rep said no
    .He said the gave out cookies when the Razr was released

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I walked into the store yesterday morning. Told the SA I wanted to check out the Nexus. He told me how great ICS was..showed me a few features of the new Android OS and then went in back to get me my new handset! So far, I'm a happy girl!!

Everyone at the store I go to has either a nexus or an iPhone. They were selling a razor last time I went but they were also sold out of GNs.

As for actual push, they pay licensing for the Droid name, I would hope they push them.

Quote Originally Posted by 0pusX View Post
    or maybe moto just drops blur.....
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,021 Global Posts

I had no problems at all. I walked in, and they asked how they could help me. I said that I wanted to upgrade to the Nexus, and if they had any left in stock. Less than 45 minutes later I had a new Galaxy Nexus!

I think they were just happy to sell a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by schizrade View Post
    This is what people should be excited about. Moto hardware with top tier software.
    BINGO!

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts

My experience with Moto phones compared with other brands has been excellent. I don't know the real world numbers, but maybe Moto phones are returned less and have fewer CS incidents? Just a WAG.

Also, they've licensed "Droid" from LucasArts. LA has more lawyers than VZ does by an order of magnitude and they're as mercenary as it gets about licensing fees. I highly suspect VZ got bent over the nearest counter for that license. And lube wasn't involved. So yea, they're pushing Droids to make that license pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Another example of Verizons biz practices can be seen with windows phone OS. VZW had a big disaster with the Kin phone and ever since then VZW locked arms with Android and distanced itself with windows. Just my observations anyway
    Don't forget that WP7 didn't support CDMA from the beginning. Also, around the same time that the first CDMA WP7 phones were showing up at Sprint, VZW was getting the iPhone.

Its because moto has the cool commercials!!!

I do love this Razr commercial by Rogers though:
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,610 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Because if it wasn't for moto android wouldn't b where its at. The ogd put vzw and android on the map.

Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

My thought:

Most Motorola Phones are DROID branded, can't think of the last Motorola phone that wasnt, except the Motorola Devour, and that phone just sucked.

I think the DROID branding adds cost to the phone so Verizon makes more and an average noob wouldnt see all Android as android phones because of the DROID branding which they are all used to because of the Droids (X, Incredible, OG, 2 Global, 3, Pro, ect) so they just want Droids. I was like that when I got the DROID Incredible, but I still love it and HTC products in general.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast