Galaxy Nexus randomly turned off?
05-05-2012 08:14 PM
- JohnlyRetired Moderator12-20-2011 08:24 PM
- 12-20-2011 09:01 PM
- Don't use the *228 on a LTE phone.it can ruin the SIM card. If you have an issue remove the battery and the SIM card for a few seconds. Then pop the battery and SIM back in and let it recycle.
I keep my phone on CDMA because I don't live in a 4g area. Toggling between them takes a toll on the battery. My signal is fine and I never have issues
Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk12-20-2011 09:03 PM
- 12-21-2011 06:12 AM
Right now, I know four things for sure:
1. The GN is a really nice phone.
2. The GN is buggy.
3. LTE is fast!
4 LTE is buggy.
I wish I knew if these any of these bugs are hardware related. (I'm sure we'll see users who know for sure, just like they knew that the only reason we didn't get this phone a month ago was because Verizon wanted to sell Razors.)12-21-2011 06:55 AM
- Was listening to pandora for 8 hours straight. Shutdown twice within the eight hours. Someone mentioned about lightflow causing corruption at a different forums. So i uninstalled lightflow. Listen to pandora for eight hours straight at work and didnt have any random shutdowns. Dont know if it is lightflow or the OS. Need more time12-21-2011 08:33 AM
- Was listening to pandora for 8 hours straight. Shutdown twice within the eight hours. Someone mentioned about lightflow causing corruption at a different forums. So i uninstalled lightflow. Listen to pandora for eight hours straight at work and didnt have any random shutdowns. Dont know if it is lightflow or the OS. Need more time12-21-2011 09:18 AM
- Mine rebooted once I think the day I got it, just looked down and saw the boot up animation going and was like, uh what. Hasn't happened since, but just now after I sent a text it shut off and I had to battery pull to get it to power on. Battery was at 50%, LTE was turned off and I am using the extended battery. Holding the power button down didn't do anything. Also disabled VZW apps.
On a side note about Light Flow, or maybe just the Gnex's notifications in general; anyone notice that sometimes the LED doesn't light up when getting a text and you have to load LF again for them to start working again? I've had it happen 2x >.<12-22-2011 12:07 AM
- Well that really doesn't inspire much confidence in a software fix. I've had my GN for a week and have had the same occurrance three times. All while browsing or using application while listening to player.
*one month with a 4s was enough to wonder why I ever wanted an iphone.....12-22-2011 03:48 PM
- Mine randomly turns off a lot. Like 3 to 4 times a day. I have factory reset it twice with no change. I wonder if its an app. But it is very annoying to go pick the phone up and its just powered down.
It wouldn't be as much of a problem if it rebooted but it powers down and I have to turn it on.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk12-23-2011 04:10 PM
- I have had the phone completely shut off(have to turn it on again by pressing and holding the button) 2 times since I bought it. Both times I was in an app that perhaps has not been updated for ICS although they "seem" to work OK most of the time.
So I think this might be an app issue but perhaps the OS should be handling the error a bit better than just shutting down.12-23-2011 04:20 PM
- I've had it reset now about 6-8 times. The first couple times I was listening to music in MixZing. Then the next couple times I was listening to a podcast in Doggcatcher. I thought it might be an issue with audio but then today it's shut off twice when it was just sitting on my desk doing nothing.
I wonder if there could be an app running in the background that's messing it up.12-23-2011 07:48 PM
- Mine restarted on me today while I wasn't even using it. I was playing a video game and heard it vibrate next to me so I looked to see what it was. The Google logo popped up and then it rebooted. Not sure why it happened, but it's the only occurrence so far. Just for reference, I run my phone on 3G only unless I need 4G for a more data intensive task.12-23-2011 08:20 PM
- I think it is misbehaved apps, plus this is version 4.0.2 ,and version X.0 of any operating system will need upgrades to handle unexpected occurrences and improve performance. I knew this when I signed on to get this phone and it's operating system, so I am not all that worried at this point.12-23-2011 08:36 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- More Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- Verizon Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy Nexus randomly turned off?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD