chillviper123

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I played with the GN at the local Verizon store and ran the SpeedTest app. Dang that thing is fast. It consistently was over 10 without fail each and every time.

Pricing is crazy though for service. For almost the same level of service and features I get on T-Mobile for $89 per month, it's at least $140 per month on Verizon.

Debating on importing the GSM variant. Wonder how long Verizon's exclusivity will be.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
That's not due to the phone but the LTE. Run speedtest on any LTE phone and you'll be blown away coming from a 3g. I have Charge and those are typical speeds for me now.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I played with the GN at the local Verizon store and ran the SpeedTest app. Dang that thing is fast. It consistently was over 10 without fail each and every time.

Pricing is crazy though for service. For almost the same level of service and features I get on T-Mobile for $89 per month, it's at least $140 per month on Verizon.

Debating on importing the GSM variant. Wonder how long Verizon's exclusivity will be.

Employer discounts help a lot on the cost of service. I pay 79.79 a month for unlimited data, unlimited messaging, and 450 minutes (never use more than 100), and amazing LTE speeds. 10mbps is on the slower side honestly ;)

k6tcher

May 29, 2011
Visit site
That's not due to the phone but the LTE. Run speedtest on any LTE phone and you'll be blown away coming from a 3g. I have Charge and those are typical speeds for me now.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

BINGO! Don't mean to disrespect the OP, but LTE is... well... fast. The Nexus has little to do with that. Try taking it and another LTE phone out of the store to the edge of the 4G service area. That is when the phone itself would matter: signal strength.

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

The reason they can price like that is due to the 4G LTE - no one else has it in many markets. The money to upgrade their network had to come from somewhere. And as another poster said, the speed is due to the 4G LTE.

If you want 4G LTE you have to pay more for it. Once everyone else has it, too, there will be more downward price pressure.

EvanJ18

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
You get what you pay for, T-mobile service is horrible.

Horrible how so? I mean i have full bars for every carrier and T-Mobile has MUCH better building penetration where I work.

I switched to T-Mobile and got an unlocked Galaxy Nexus

VZW 2 lines minimum shared minutes, unlimited text, $30 data for both 19% discount - $142
T-Mo 2 Lines unlimited everything (2GB fauxG) 10% Discount - $102

Ill take the $40 a month in my pocket. If you live anywhere populated (New England for me), there is no reason to pay the premiums for ATT or VZW.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Verizon>T-Mobile............................................4G LTE>HSPA+..............................Quality>Quantity....................................Kellogs Frosted Flakes>1$ Store Corn Flakes..............................................................And thats just how the cookie crumbles my friend. You pay for quality. The Best :)

schrack3000

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I have 5 people on my family plan. My wife, my parents, my brother and myself. We were grandfathered into unlimited data. Unlimited texts. I dont remember how many shared minutes we have but we never come close to hitting it. The bill is right around $250, so we each pay $50 per month. For $140 I would definitely have to reconsider.

Reactions: GMC MaXx

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I have 4 people on a family plan, 2 data plans, unlimited texts, lowest minutes and discount through my work and the cost is like ~$190