WIFI HotSpot w/out a plan CONFIRMED TO WORK! No root needed.

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
OK so WiFi Tether and WiFi Hotspot Widget both stopped working for me. i didnt change anything but not having success anymore. Are these broken for anyone else and what are some that are confirmed working on the GN?

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
the wifi hotspot app I paid for stopped working for me as well...I hope its just the app and it gets updated and works again

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Wbrian

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
On sprint. Using an Epic 4G. Downloaded the trial. Installed fast and working beautifully. Using my Laptop through the wifi on the phone now!

Most excellent!
B.

Wbrian

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I bought the "pro" version after trying the trial. It wouldn't allow me to register it to my phone, saying it was already registered to another phone. I don't have another phone, so that's impossible. Numerous emails to SVTP went unanswered. I've started a paypal dispute to get my money back. A shame, cuz the trial worked so perfectly...

Later,
B.

BaMaDuDe87

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Foxfi on 4.0.4 and cant get my laptop to connect to the internet that way, but my girlfriends iPhone can connect to the internet through it?

BTW I am not rooted or unlocked or any of that.........yet. Is it easier to get a hotspot working going that route?

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
look, I'm no techie, but all you have to do is get the app widgizoid, turn on the switch for tethering/hotspot, touch to configure, check portable wi-fi hotspot, and you're good to go.

Clearly, Verizon's whole model is switching with the new plans where you get limited data but it includes tethering.

I have not been charged for my ocassional use.

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
look, I'm no techie, but all you have to do is get the app widgizoid, turn on the switch for tethering/hotspot, touch to configure, check portable wi-fi hotspot, and you're good to go.

Clearly, Verizon's whole model is switching with the new plans where you get limited data but it includes tethering.

I have not been charged for my ocassional use.

where can i find that? google turned up zilch

windstrings

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the samsung galaxy S3 and the share everything plan so hotspot is free.... and when I use foxfi, it actually connects much faster than the stock hotspot.. think the speed is faster too.

Samsung still has some issues... I had to install foxfi to even get my phone to connect to internet.. then I was able to uninstall foxfi and its worked everysince.. however it takes a while for my windows 7 64bit machine to identify the network before internet is available, when using foxfi its nearly instant.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
There is an app in the market called Wifi Hotspot and USB Tether.
Click to view quoted image

Install, and enjoy. That simple!
Click to view quoted image

I bought this when I had the Droid Charge and I was extremely pleased it works with my Nexus.

As some have asked, I am not rooted.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Sorry it does not work with Sprint on there Samsung galaxy S3. I tried it several times and just keep getting error messages.

Sent from my White, Sexy S3.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Been forced back to stock. Need a free WiFi hotspot solution that works with jellybean. Any ideas ?

Sent From my Jelly Bean powered Nexus

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Oops...it didn't quote the other guy. The $30.00 mobile hotspot is not available anymore because it is automatic and comes off of the data plan you have. That is the way it is for those of us like ME who have a 4GB data plan...or 5, 10, whatever. I guess if you're still on unlimited, you're good to go...so I don't see a need in spending 9.99 for something already there.

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm this works with the Razr M without root - although you have to use the Samsung ICS Device Profile.

Sent from my XT907 Scorpion_Mini

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7