WIFI HotSpot w/out a plan CONFIRMED TO WORK! No root needed.

eikphoto

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
How well does this work with Xbox Live? I connect my Xbox360 to my laptop for internet.

Currently "borrowing" internet from an unknown neighbor at the same speed as 3G so I don't need to do it until 4G comes here.

Should work just fine. On 4g I'm pulling down over 30mbps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
What is unlimited hotspot? Im switching from Verizon and I must say that I think they have MUCH better service but they more expensive for their plans.

I just signed up as a new customer. The deal I got was $50 for 6GB + mobile hotspot. If you need more, it's $70 and $100 for 12GB and 22GB respectively.

ihyln

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
For those of you that are patient the wifi tether for root users is being worked on. The last update from a few hours ago did not work but I'm confident they will figure it out :)

Newport Viper

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok ....bare with me on this. I am NOT tech at all.

Why would you need this or WIFI when you have 4G?

Especially the person that is going to Vegas. Wouldn't it be perfect 4G there?

I'm here to learn so take it easy on me. :p

DanSan

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
going to wait for wireless tether for root users, always good luck with that app.

plus this app isnt on "those forums" yet.

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok ....bare with me on this. I am NOT tech at all.

Why would you need this or WIFI when you have 4G?

Especially the person that is going to Vegas. Wouldn't it be perfect 4G there?

I'm here to learn so take it easy on me. :p

Setting up the wifi allows you to use 4G from your phone and using it on a laptop or anything that has wireless capabilities

Reactions: Newport Viper

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Before everyone runs out to buy this only to get caught, it's my understanding that PDANet's USB and Bluetooth tethering are the ONLY ways to share your data without Verizon knowing about it. Something about it grabbing the data differently that isn't (or wasn't) possible through Wifi. I'd love to buy this if there were no way for them to track it, can anyone confirm whether or not the above is true?

raymondjchin

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Can someone provide me some assistance?

I downloaded the 2 day trial. When I open the app it auto disables my wifi and tries to enable wifi hotspot but it just says "seaching"

then an error pops up saying "error: no connectivity" I am in my apartment so I have like 1-2 bars of 4g.

eikphoto

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Can someone provide me some assistance?

I downloaded the 2 day trial. When I open the app it auto disables my wifi and tries to enable wifi hotspot but it just says "seaching"

then an error pops up saying "error: no connectivity" I am in my apartment so I have like 1-2 bars of 4g.

Have you tried in a different location

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Using this to stream Netflix on my Xoom while watching the football game streamed to my laptop while posting this via my Nexus walking around the house... HOTTTTNNESSS

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

stoneynumbnuts

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Awsome!!! This was one of my major problems with this phone , since it is also my home internet. Soooo glad it works. Thanks a bunch to the op for the helpful post. Thanks alot.

bberrynewbie84

Galaxy nexus!
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
If we can do this without getting caught,I personally go out and cop this phone now.

Before everyone runs out to buy this only to get caught, it's my understanding that PDANet's USB and Bluetooth tethering are the ONLY ways to share your data without Verizon knowing about it. Something about it grabbing the data differently that isn't (or wasn't) possible through Wifi. I'd love to buy this if there were no way for them to track it, can anyone confirm whether or not the above is true?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
The next thread vzw threating me for unauthorized tethering. U think its free but youll find out nothing is free on vzw.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar