WIFI HotSpot w/out a plan CONFIRMED TO WORK! No root needed.

mharris7ster

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Wifi Tether 3.1, pre110 is working but I had to mess with settings a few times. WPA is working too. Man these Dev's are working fast..Much thanks to them!!

mlb2305

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Glad I stumbled across this while figuring which phone Im getting next. I just got this for my Charge and it could not have been easier. I was kind of leaning towards the Rezound due to volume and signal issues on the GN but this will keep me on the sideline a little longer to see if updates fix the signal issues. This app doesnt work on the rezound and i dont have an internet line at the house so this could sway me to the GN.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with this app dropping data? If I use it for a while on my MacBook Pro, it'll stop working sometimes and I have to turn tethering off and back on. Yet even when it has the issues, my iPad connects to the Internet just fine. So I'm not sure if it's the app or my MBP.

SHWELL

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok ....bare with me on this. I am NOT tech at all.

Why would you need this or WIFI when you have 4G?

Especially the person that is going to Vegas. Wouldn't it be perfect 4G there?

I'm here to learn so take it easy on me. :p

Tethering is using your Phone as your Wifi provider.

I use Tethering a lot. I have an EyeFi card for my DSLR that requires Wifi to transmit. This way my vids and pics are uploaded immediately without having to upload to camera and then upload to net. There will be Wifi avail to the attendees, but using my own 4G will prob be faster than the shared network being used by 1000+ media types.

I was able to use this Tether App with my Xoom and at least 6 comuters attached today. Worked great. Much faster than I was able to ever get with my Droid X.

tlincoln

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Before everyone runs out to buy this only to get caught, it's my understanding that PDANet's USB and Bluetooth tethering are the ONLY ways to share your data without Verizon knowing about it. Something about it grabbing the data differently that isn't (or wasn't) possible through Wifi. I'd love to buy this if there were no way for them to track it, can anyone confirm whether or not the above is true?

anybody know???

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Well apparently this app has been in the market for quite a while so if Verizon was going to block it, I think we'd know by now.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't think so. I think this just bypasses Verizon's block on native tethering to non-paying users. If I turn tethering on and go into the built in hotspot's settings, the box is checked and I can turn it off there. I just can't turn it back on without this app or its widget.

Nayners

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm tethering right now to the ics wifi tether, with no hotspot plan. Just an unlocked bootloader and no root. 25 mb down, 14 mb up. I'm a happy camper.

im4droid

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I have tried this however when I go to use my laptop it goes to the Verizon wifi page wanting me to purchase through them??? any suggestions what I did wrong?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois