About breaking in the screen.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Not really sure if we need to or not but is there any proper was we need to break in the screen?
Kinda like how a plasma TV is where you can't leave a picture on pause cause it will burn the image.
Only reason I'm asking is my first phone had burned images. Then the horrible vertical lines.
I really hate to keep going back to get it replaced again. My 2nd one is flawless and hate to have that happen to this one.

Thought?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, at very low brightness I'm getting some splotches. I took my first one back for some pretty apparent vertical banding and got a replacement, no questions asked. The second one (the phone I have now) is the one with the splotches, but they didn't want to replace it. They told me it was the "contoured display" that caused it....ok VZW.

Anyway, APPARENTLY, I have some notations on my account and VZW may or may not consider me a "problem customer" because I've exchanged phones in the past. Rep didn't want to deal with me so he went back and dug through my account, came out, and goes "I see on your account you want to exchange your phone any time there's a little problem" in the middle of the floor.

Realist

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, at very low brightness I'm getting some splotches. I took my first one back for some pretty apparent vertical banding and got a replacement, no questions asked. The second one (the phone I have now) is the one with the splotches, but they didn't want to replace it. They told me it was the "contoured display" that caused it....ok VZW.

Anyway, APPARENTLY, I have some notations on my account and VZW may or may not consider me a "problem customer" because I've exchanged phones in the past. Rep didn't want to deal with me so he went back and dug through my account, came out, and goes "I see on your account you want to exchange your phone any time there's a little problem" in the middle of the floor.

What a dick

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I see some faint vertical banding when the screen goes really dim on auto or manual settings. I've heard many times that that's an effect from the AMOLED technology of the screen. If I set the brightness to about 50% I can barely notice it at all.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I see some faint vertical banding when the screen goes really dim on auto or manual settings. I've heard many times that that's an effect from the AMOLED technology of the screen. If I set the brightness to about 50% I can barely notice it at all.

Well my first one had that problem below 50% I see vertical lines. The new one doesn't have any problem and the color seems better and I can lower my brightness and no lines

I'm guessing there is no break in screen period? Or avoid burn in ghost.

Rockn

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Not really sure if we need to or not but is there any proper was we need to break in the screen?
Kinda like how a plasma TV is where you can't leave a picture on pause cause it will burn the image.
Only reason I'm asking is my first phone had burned images. Then the horrible vertical lines.
I really hate to keep going back to get it replaced again. My 2nd one is flawless and hate to have that happen to this one.

Thought?

Say, did you buy your Nexus at Best Buy, by any chance?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae