enable text prediction in browser?

mjhubbard

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how yet?

Whnever i type in a webpage field the text prediction does not work. I have tried third party browsers with no luck. Is this working for anyone else? No auto correct and no prediction is very frustrating when trying to post.

mjhubbard

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I use the prediction in the compact mode it turns prediction back off. But this keyboard at least uses the prediction in the browser

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I am trying it now but it seems buggy. It does not fill the whole screen and it keeps turning prediction off.

It's not as good as it used to be. I had it turn prediction off yesterday, but it didn't do it the 1st day I got it or today.

It doesn't fill the screen so that you can type with your right thumb only (actually nice if that's what you do) however I agree it needs to be user controlled.

You can swipe the space bar to turn prediction on if it goes off, but there should be a setting to keep it on (which you probably have checked) but like I said today it's on.

I've used Touch pal from cootek for 4 years now. Their windows version was good. I have no idea why their android version is buggy. go to cootek.com and watch their videos, they seem to do it way better than we do.

In the end I'm sure there's a pay keyboard that works better. But I've used maybe 6 different keyboards and I like this one the best. I haven't used the one that everyone likes in the keyboard thread though, forgot what it's called.

good luck

mjhubbard

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one having this issue? Is any one elses browser working differently?

Why am I the only one talking about this. Right now, as I type this post, my browser and keyboard refuse to use any text prediction or auto correction. I am typing very slow just to make this readable.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
You aren't the only one, but I think a fix is coming with the 4.0.3 update. That should be pretty soon. It has never worked for me.

noamrotem

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I believe I know what the problem is. We at A.I.type are struggling with those issues too. The developers of some applications - the mail client of Samsung Galaxy S2, Documents To Go, Polaris, Quick Office and many others - developed text fields of their own to replace the standard Android text fields, but didn't complete the requirements. These dedicated text fields do not give the predictive keyboard the minimum information it needs to operate well, and therefore it fails to predict.

Probably your browser application falls into the same category.

You can either wait for an upgrade of that particular software (assuming the developers will fix the problem - 10 minutes of work on their side) or try another browser. I, for example, use Dolphin browser which treats predictive keyboards nicely, and works well in general.

I invite you all to try A.I.type Keyboard (https://market.android.com/search?q=aitype) and give us your feedback. Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!!!

Noam Rotem
A.I.type

mjhubbard

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I believe I know what the problem is. We at A.I.type are struggling with those issues too. The developers of some applications - the mail client of Samsung Galaxy S2, Documents To Go, Polaris, Quick Office and many others - developed text fields of their own to replace the standard Android text fields, but didn't complete the requirements. These dedicated text fields do not give the predictive keyboard the minimum information it needs to operate well, and therefore it fails to predict.

Probably your browser application falls into the same category.

You can either wait for an upgrade of that particular software (assuming the developers will fix the problem - 10 minutes of work on their side) or try another browser. I, for example, use Dolphin browser which treats predictive keyboards nicely, and works well in general.

I invite you all to try A.I.type Keyboard (https://market.android.com/search?q=aitype) and give us your feedback. Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!!!

Noam Rotem
A.I.type

You obiously do not have an ICS phone. I just downloaded the dolphin browser, and it has the same problem as the stock browser. Text prediction does not work at all.

Given that it is a cross browser problem, I dont think your keyboard will fix it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000