Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By molinap1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to Reboot the Nexus?

I know how to reboot the phone by going into bootloader mode but is there a way to do this from the settings menu or while the phone is still on?

When I was running a custom Rom (Liberty) on my DX, Reboot was an added option when you pressed the power button.

I assume powering the Nexus off and then powering it back on does the same thing, but I was looking for a shortcut without downloading an app---but I guess I will if that's the only way.

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: How to Reboot the Nexus?

Quote Originally Posted by diesteldorf View Post
    I know how to reboot the phone by going into bootloader mode but is there a way to do this from the settings menu or while the phone is still on?

When I was running a custom Rom (Liberty) on my DX, Reboot was an added option when you pressed the power button.

I assume powering the Nexus off and then powering it back on does the same thing, but I was looking for a shortcut without downloading an app---but I guess I will if that's the only way.
    It would have to be added via custom ROM like it was on your other phone. You can do it from a computer.
    Code:
    adb reboot
    This reboots the phone
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    This reboots to the bootloader
    Code:
    adb reboot recovery
    This reboots to either the stock or custom recovery

The reboot command requires root, so you need an app or a custom ROM.

Sent from my Nexus S

If rooted and on a deodexed rom, you can install an advanced reboot menu.

Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    ROM
    AXIOM 2.4

is there an app that will reboot the phone with 1 touch? would love to have that feature.
    or even better, have it reboot automatically at like 4am every morning.

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trmoney24 View Post
    is there an app that will reboot the phone with 1 touch? would love to have that feature.
    or even better, have it reboot automatically at like 4am every morning.
    I used to use Quick Boot on my rooted Incredible. I think there is a paid version that may allow scheduling. Haven't tried on Nexus since I have not rooted it.
    Thanked by:
    anexiole likes this.