Getting Music On To Phone

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
How's everyone getting music on their phone. Are you just streaming via Google Music? Or are you trying to sync it through DoubleTwist or Winamp?

Wheels309

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Music

Google Music... I downloaded some songs to my phone from the Google Music App to have if I am ever in an area without data and need my music

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I use iSync.... syncs with my iTunes perfectly. Google music does as well so you can go that route. I've always had problems with double twist but many love it.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site

Ya I've been finding DoubleTwist doesn't work as well as I'd like it too. Bought AirSync when it was on sale for .10 makes streaming to Apple TVs awesome. Now if only they'd make Google TV more awesome I'd buy one.

Papasmerf

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Sorry, pretty new to Android and trying to get all my CDs from Itunes to my GN. Will this program actually put the music files on my GN or will it save them to a cloud? Also, where would the files go on my device?

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

I use Google Music, but I make all my music available offline. It's only about a total of 2 gigs, so it's not like it takes up a huge amount of space. Maybe it's just me, but when I stream the music, it sounds... weird. Like, kinda muffled, or more "mono" than "stereo". Stuff that I have downloaded, though, sounds fine. At least that's how it was on my Thunderbolt; haven't really tried music on my Nexus yet. I dunno, maybe I was just imagining it, though. *shrug*

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, pretty new to Android and trying to get all my CDs from Itunes to my GN. Will this program actually put the music files on my GN or will it save them to a cloud? Also, where would the files go on my device?

Double Twist does sync iTunes (which I hate with every fiber of my being....but I digress....)UNLESS the songs/videos/books are DRM protected. My daughter had her iPod touch stolen, and a lot of her music was LEGALLY BOUGHT prior to 2009, when Apple decided you should be able to use and listen to your stuff as you see fit. Quite nice of them...But....

Her iTunes was on the main pc (not a chance in hell of going on to my laptop...) I installed Double Twist and Air Sync. Stuff that was bought later on and put into itunes from CD's worked fine. Issue was with the drm files.

There are ways around this (burning cd's and redownloading them to iTunes is one), but be careful about tags and cover art. They didn't work too well. Luckily, she only had about 127 songs affected, so I manually corrected them on phone using different applications.

You might try VideoSoft software on pc to convert itunes to mp3 formats, put those back on iTunes, then use Double Twist to move to phone.

Hope some of this helps...

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

Have not been able to get my WMA files to my G-nex using a usb cable hooked up to my pc. Tried to get Windows Media player to transfer but that did not work. Can't find a transfer method using the Google music app pre loaded onto the phone.
How do I simply load from my archive of WMA files resident on my pc?
Thanks

sdweller

May 23, 2011
Visit site

You cannot get .wma files onto your GN. I spent an entire day trying, found out that 4.0 does not support .wma files. The only solution I found was re-ripping my cds into mp3 files, then snyced via windows media player, no problems after that. These are the steps I took:

1) create a file on your PC in My Documents>Music>Artist>Album
2) Get Express Rip from internet (free)
3) Open Express Rip, brouse output folder to find the file you just created in My Documents
4) Select Output Format: mp3
5) Make sure Artist and Album names are correct, you can change if necessary
6)Check boxes for all song you want to rip, right click each song if you need to rename
7) Select Rip CD
8) Once ripping is completed, go to Windows Media Player, select "Sync" tab on right
9 Click on Artist or Album, find the one you want, right click>properties to make sure they are mp3 files
10) Drag and drop folder into Sync area, click Start Sync

Once you get the habg of it, you can sync one album in about 5 mins.

Good luck

Papasmerf

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Sherri- Just curious why you need doubletwist and Air Sync. Most of my music on itunes is from Cds and just want to take my library and put it on my Gnex. I tried d'ling doubletwist to my laptop to my Windows Media and could not see anywhere to synce between doubletwist and Gnex.
On my Gnex when I go into settings it shows that I have 2 cds worth of songs with file names but they won't open from there nor can I find anywhere else toopen the music from. So they are on my device. So confused.