Nexus only charging when powered off

ophelan

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Picked up the phone on launch morning. Unlocked, rooted, and installed Google Wallet. It was behaving fine until it spontaneously stopped charging halfway through the night and subsequently has refused to do so, unless powered off completely. It's as if the USB port doesn't exist while the phone is booted...file transfers are a no go as well. Any suggestions, or do y'all think it's a bum unit and needs swapped out?

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Try doing factory reset as last resort. Have you made sure its not on a light switch that got switched off? I did that with my plug.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I thought this was just a thread of how slow it charges. Mine takes FOREVER to charge. Especially while I'm using it.

ophelan

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I've reset it. It's back to stock and locked again; bringing it by the Verizon store this afternoon. I've tried multiple chargers (and computer) and cables; it just refuses to even acknowledge the USB port unless it's turned off or in fastboot. Strange...hopefully it won't take long to convince the store my phone is borked.

Rocco Conaci

May 10, 2013
Visit site
My nexus 4 phone started doing this morning. did research everywhere and I got possible workaround. go into settings battery and you will current percentage of your battery, then plug it in and will the percentage will go up and later on battery meter will go up. at least you can charge in it in the on postion.

xyzlene

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I've reset it. It's back to stock and locked again; bringing it by the Verizon store this afternoon. I've tried multiple chargers (and computer) and cables; it just refuses to even acknowledge the USB port unless it's turned off or in fastboot. Strange...hopefully it won't take long to convince the store my phone is borked.

welcome to 4.2.2 - 4.3 should resolve all of these issues..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000