Apps/Widgets to add on my Galaxy Nexus?

BigTub

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys

Im new to this forum and after searching around wanted to create my own thread seeing if anyone had either some good apps that may not be some of the obvious ones, or even moreso, cool useful widgets that I could add to my new Galaxy Nexus. I'm coming from a Droid 2 and didnt really use too many widgets but with my new nexus it's simply too tempting not to. So if anyone has either good apps or widgets that I could add list them here.

zeke013

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I am new here (phone due tomorrow) but I believe my first app will be Beautiful Widgets.

Seems well supported and has some great options.

biggles6

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I have beautiful widgets, however, I can't get clock or weather onto any of my home screens. Long press on desktop only allows changing wallpaper. Maybe I'm just dumb. Help?:confused:

mechapathy

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have beautiful widgets, however, I can't get clock or weather onto any of my home screens. Long press on desktop only allows changing wallpaper. Maybe I'm just dumb. Help?:confused:

Widgets got moved to the app drawer. There are two tabs at the top, apps and widgets. Or you can keep scrolling past your apps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

BHD2786

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
HD Widgets look the best I think.

I grabbed it for a dime during Google's 10 billion app download promo

I have beautiful widgets too didn't like it as well

I would look into light flow too...

rlhammon

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
HD Widgets look the best I think.

I grabbed it for a dime during Google's 10 billion app download promo

I have beautiful widgets too didn't like it as well

I would look into light flow too...

I wanted to grab a few apps during that sale, but unfortunately the Nexus wasn't in my hands yet... and with it being my first Android device, I had nothing to install them to, so it didn't work. :(

Still trying to find some good apps. Looking at "Locale" currently... love what it says it does, but hate to pay to find out if it really works the way I think it does.

quiklives

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Minimalist text widget, if you like the style. I use it for clock/date and for weather. Totally customizable.

Homescreen

(Every time I try to insert an image, it breaks, so there is a link to Picasa.)

sjkellyfetti

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Haven't used Locale since it was a free beta, because I refused to pay the amount they wanted for it when it came out of beta. Just wasn;t worth the price, especially considering how flaky the GPS portion was then. If you don't need the GPS location based control and don't mind not being able to change wallpapers, check out Timeriffic. I love this app, it is the one thing I need on my phone, to control my call and notification volumes when I am at work, when the kids are in bed, etc. Automatically.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie