Poll: Scale of 1 - 10 Rate Your GN Experience so far

On a scale of 1-10 rate your experience with your GN (10 is high)

• Total voters

fabulas

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I give it an overall 7, but this is all due to the data connectivity issues. Love the phone and the OS!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mitra88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. Out of 160, 139 people voted for 8 or higher (86.8%). Only 21 under 7??? Wait a sec. The total number is just 160? Where are others??? Please vote.

kk4df

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Easy 9. I've not had the problems some describe in the forums. Perhaps they are simply a more vocal group, while the rest of us sit here playing with our new phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

doogie1

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
At first I thought a 9, just because of the speaker being low. But when I used it at bestbuy with google wallet/paypass, I felt all warm and fuzzy:) Amazing phone. 10/10

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Good so far. Solve volume and battery problems easily. Alot of back ground noise on BT, but probably because I have the volume jacked.

Getting random reboots here and there but not on a regular basis like TB

Mostly just getting used to ICS and its' bugs and omissions. App short comings from not being updated to ICS. But these are to be expected with the release of a new OS and will work out with time. The release of more phones with ICS with push Devs to update quicker.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
My only two gripes are I can't organize my bookmarks and the gallery is a mess can't organize that either. Other than that AMAZING. I use light flow for notifications and volume+ for extra sound. Both apps works wonders.

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. Out of 160, 139 people voted for 8 or higher (86.8%). Only 21 under 7??? Wait a sec. The total number is just 160? Where are others??? Please vote.

Probably too busy enjoying their phones and perusing the Hacking/Development forums.

Brandon

Defconrock

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Extended battery more or less turned this into the perfect phone for me.

I'm in love. This is the first Android phone that is actually "sexier" than the iPhone imo.

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I'll go with a 9.

I left my Droid X for this phone - no regrets this phone is AMAZING!!!!!

Pros
  • OS is Super fast
  • Screen amazing - clear
  • Speaker phone is loud once you add the app Volume+ (it is free got it in thread in these forums for free)
  • Any problem I find with this phone I find a solution almost immediately on these boards or on the internet
  • LTE - blazing fast
  • Call quality seems good (haven't used much)
  • Customization is easy and fun (loving the folders)
  • Navigation works better than ever
  • Everything works smoothly (once you figure it out)
  • The voice recognition is significantly improved
  • Gmail, browser - nice upgrades
  • I like the no physical buttons
  • The task switcher/manager feature is awesome

Cons
  • Battery life (but I was expecting that - this phone charges slower than the Droid X) (Note I have not explored how to maximize my battery use - I'm sure it can be improved once I research it and experiment with with different ideas.)

Haven't used much - no opinion yet
  • Camera/video player

The real genius of the phone is being able to design it how you like and improve it exponentially and continuously - if you are into that.

If you haven't already, disable NFC. That should fix your battery problems. But I agree that this phone is amazing. Also came from the Droid X.

quintilis

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I gave it an 8.

Coming from a BB Storm and using iOS via iPods and iPads over the years, ICS is a breath of fresh air. I really like ICS so far.

However, my concerns are similar to most: signal strength/quickness (slow going from one type to another - wifi to 3G to 4G, etc...and subsequent impacts on battery), screen/Android OS eating up a lot of the battery, general battery life, and the lag in typing in landscape mode. However, since most of these matters are receiving quite a bit of attention, I'm hoping that upcoming (hopefully soon since it's a Nexus device) updates will fix these issues and then I'll be a happier camper.

I really haven't had many issues with my GNex so far (knock on wood) and as long as they fix the aforementioned issues, I'd definitely give my GN experience rating a boost.

edit: I wish the camera were a little better (esp. after looking at some Rezound pictures) but it's doable, and Gnex pics look miles better than ones from my BB Storm's camera. LOL

agpetz

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I gave it an 8.

This is my first Android phone, and coming from an iphone, iphone 4 and then a dumb phone for a bit, I really like it. I am a little leary of the battery life, but hopefully that will improve, and my data speeds have not been great. It takes a while to go into 3G and then 4G when I turn off wifi and also when I get off the metro. Even when I do get 4G, speeds are not the greatest (in Washington, DC and Arlington, VA).

All in all, I am really enjoying the phone and don't understand how people can complain about the screen, build quality, materials, etc. Each day it feels better in my hand.

BiNGE

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Until the "Nexus" experience becomes more of a standard I don't think it will be ready for a 10. There are still some shortsighted design choices, but in all vanilla ICS is a noticable improvement over previous versions of Android. Stepping stones are rarely as rewarding to walk on as the road stretches ahead.

jkman

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a blackberry tour this thing is a huuge improvement.

Gave it an 8 for battery life, and small things just not working perfectly or how I want them.

Newport Viper

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
How on earth could you last that long on that phone. Even better yet I am surprised the phone lasted this long. :p

Crazy aint it? Or I am .....:p

The Storm worked flawlessly...went to over 20 countries with it... gooogle mapping through the streets of Venice! No problem!

But it was time....

mozy

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I think we should sticky this thread so people can quickly get an aggregate sense of what people think of this phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12